Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Final Fantasy XIV
Since you are all babies and only like Nintendo, here is a REAL game.

Final Fantasy XIV
[Image: file.php?id=2]
Final Fantasy XIV Logo
***TRAILER IS IN THE OFFICIAL SITE LINK BELOW
-"Boat Scene" in the trailer is NOT prerendered. It is actual gameplay.

Quote:
On a forgotten page of eternity
There lies a land embraced by mighty gods
Her name... Eorzea.
As fates cross, swords will clash.
Under the eldritch veil of a crimson shadow.
Heroes of the realm, take up your blades!
To answer the call of destiny.
You must join hands... once again.
***TRAILER IS IN THE OFFICIAL SITE LINK BELOW
-"Boat Scene" in the trailer is NOT prerendered. It is actual gameplay.

Today June 2nd, 2009 Square Enix formally announced the development of Final Fantasy XIV Online, the successor to Final Fantasy XI during the E3 Playstation 3 Conference.

Currently slated for a 2010 Release Date, Final Fantasy XIV will be released on the Playstation 3 and the PC as well.
The Official Website can be found here: http://www.finalfantasyxiv.com/

Confirmed Details
-PS3/PC Confirmed, looking at other options. (Meaning 360 is possible)
-Servers will be Worldwide and Multi-Platform like XI
-Has no similarities to XI, but same races were used. Possibly new ones as well from Introduction Image on SE's FFXIV Site.
-Parts of the June 2nd Video were done ingame and some CG, meaning the shield and ship battle are ingame visuals. ^^
-New Change to the Battle System, instead of just 'Many vs. One' SE is looking at 'Many vs. One' and 'Many vs. Many.' aka - Bigger more epic battles.
-Job System will be expanded from it's FFXI Counterpart. More jobs perhaps?
-FFXIV Being Developed on "The Growth and Development of the Character", meaning more emphasis on Character Development and Story to allow them to develop in a 'natural' way.
-Will have Content for all-levels of players, from Solo to people who play for 40 minutes or less a day. All categories will be accounted for this time.
-Beta is Confirmed, but actual date is not set in stone yet.
-FFXI Characters will NOT be portable to FFXIV.
-Playonline will not be used (yay!) but friend lists will be transferred from current FFXI Accounts.
-F2P was mentioned, however SE did not confirm/deny. Leaked rumors could still be true.

Races????????/??///d/??
http://ff14.wikia.com/wiki/Races CLICK THIS

Yes we all know FFXIII isn't even out yet but XIV is being done by a different dev team (the same team that did FFXI), and it IS an MMO. It should be released about the same time XIII is.
Thanked by:
Never got into 11, I'll be looking forward to this one though.
Thanked by:
is that bartz on the official title art? It looks like him.
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
"Online"

No thanks, Didn't like 11 at all. I'll stick with FF13.
Thanked by:
If it really is F2P I'm all over this!
[Image: pixelxcore.png]
Thanked by:
wait a second what
oh yes if this is f2p then instant buy
Thanked by:
(06-04-2009, 05:18 AM)amber_dawn_firebaugh Wrote: -Will have Content for all-levels of players, from Solo to people who play for 40 minutes or less a day. All categories will be accounted for this time.
-F2P was mentioned, however SE did not confirm/deny. Leaked rumors could still be true.

About fucking time. They way they dealt with the level curve and the payment system in XI was major bullshit.
Specs 'n' Headphones has been revamped! Check it, yo.
[Image: 10y3mgj.png][Image: groove-1.gif]
Thanks to Pik and Solink; they are sexy people. Heart
Thanked by:
Gonna agree there.

The grind fucking sucked and it simply wasn't worth it in the end, glad they'll have a more casual focus.

The payment system was ass too, yeah. They charged me for 3 extra months after I quit the game :\

I hope the musical score is as good as XI's. I loved the calm music in that game.

EDIT: Oh, yeah! I really hope they make it so groups aren't a complete necessity this time. Maybe make them easier, but at the same time make Soloing a possibility (Like in Ragnarok!)
[Image: pixelxcore.png]
Thanked by:
Looks like every other FF game ever.
Again.
Can a mod/admin change my name back to Spudmeister it was a tard move to make it cooltrainer.
Thanked by:
F2P will get me to buy this. Paying money? I'll pass.
Thanked by:
Their MMOs shouldn't be numbered. =(
XBL: ZRDragoon - PSN: Zubodybop - Steam: XDNESS
[Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
(06-04-2009, 05:52 PM)Cooltrainer♂ Spudmeister Wrote: Looks like every other FF game ever.
Again.

this poster has no taste in games
Thanked by:
(06-04-2009, 05:18 AM)amber_dawn_firebaugh Wrote: Since you are all babies and only like Nintendo, here is a REAL game.
stopped reading there
Thanked by:
(06-04-2009, 06:43 PM)Alex Wrote: Their MMOs shouldn't be numbered. =(

this so hard
we'd only be on FF12 (13 would be 12) with that
numbering the mmos is weird
Thanked by:
i don't see why they shouldnt number them. they are final fantasy games and stuff, and if the named them FInal Fantasy Online, no one would buy them becuase lets face it, the numbered ones get more hype than the spin offs.

also dont get your hopes up it wont be F2P.

another ting in FFXI defense there is NOTHING wrong with the level curve, its just hard to learn how to level. i can get to lvl 20 in one day, 30 in another, and then go from 37-52 in one party. its actually very easy to level if you know what your doing
Thanked by: