Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Earthbound remake announced
Quote:May 28, 2009 - This year, the Nintendo booth at this year's Electronic Entertainment Expo may light up a good number of hardcore fans' hearts. Especially the infamous exponentially growing niche that has pelted Nintendo of America over the recent years for not doing such a thing earlier. For those who are either out of the know or simply do not belong to this obsessive-but-loyal group, this means that a long-awaited remake of Earthbound for the Nintendo DS may be in the works; and maybe even aimed for North American shores!

The original game itself boasted a lovable cast of characters, amusingly witty dialogue, and innovative battling system cloaked beneath its lackluster graphics, even by Super NES standards. Whereas other RPG's of the timeframe featured brave knights collecting crystals and fending off demons, Earthbound told the story of a boy who ventured into the world armed only with a bat doing battle with stop signs, aliens, and even giant masses of vomit. The plot of the game involved the hero, Ness, journeying through bizarre environments that compliment the game's random sense of humor in order to banish pure evil itself, Giygas, which is actually a fetus that Ness must abort.

There is not an official release date as of yet, and Nintendo plans to release more info as the E3 festivities begin.

http://ds.ign.com/articles/986/986957p1.html

I gotta say, I feel vindicated. Earthbound was my favourite game on the Super NES, and I'm glad after years of posting angry rants on starmen.net, that Reggie has finally listened to us and paid his dues for what he owes.
[Image: pixelxcore.png]
Thanked by:
you slut

it was about time you gave me earhbound nintendo you slut ;o;
Thanked by:
*clicks link*

Quote:Ubisoft Announces Yearly Financial Results
Sales are up in one of the worst economic climates in history.
Oh, that's nice.
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by:
Quote:banish pure evil itself, Giygas, which is actually a fetus that Ness must abort.

Uuuhh...

I did not know that about Gigyas...

Uuuuhhhhh.....
Can a mod/admin change my name back to Spudmeister it was a tard move to make it cooltrainer.
Thanked by:
(05-28-2009, 01:30 PM)Tonberry2k Wrote: *clicks link*

Quote:Ubisoft Announces Yearly Financial Results
Sales are up in one of the worst economic climates in history.
Oh, that's nice.

lmao same

but YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES.
Got one. Smile
***Read-Team Yoshi-***
Thanked by:
i'm not finding this information anywhere, where is the source ):
Thanked by:
My concern is why not just port the original one to the wii rather then going through the trouble of making a new on for the DS

Don't get me wrong I would like to see a Earthbound remake but the idea of Ape and Hal going through the extra trouble to get Earthbound on the DS seems a bit silly to me.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by:
(05-28-2009, 05:05 PM)Gym Leader Diogalesu Wrote: My concern is why not just port the original one to the wii rather then going through the trouble of making a new on for the DS

Copyright issues. IIRC there was some music used in Earthbound that Nintendo didn't have permission to use. There is less of a chance of it coming to the VC rather than the DS.

Also

FUCK YES
Thanked by:
guys

I don't think ravan actually put the wrong link

you know
Thanked by:
this is just cruel, ravan
Thanked by:
Ravan you distinguished gentleman.

You get my hopes up and them slam them into the ground >:
Thanked by:
FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
boy its a good thing I didn't believe it
Thanked by:
I figured since Starmen.net didn't have it that it was a lie.
Ngamer01's Portal - Updates whenever.
Thanked by:
I can't believe you guys believed it
that's why I put "you slut" there you know
but then it would spoil, so I re-did the sentence below
Thanked by: