Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Emerald Weapon Needs C&C
I've done the liberty of spriting Emerald Weapon fro FFVI using this screenshot.
I'd like a little C&C on it, you're allowed to edit it to show me what I might have missed or did wrong.

Source

[Image: 36076090.png]
[Image: thcute-2.gif] [Image: thcute-2.gif] [Image: thcute-2.gif]
We'll dance if we wanna'.
Thanked by:
I'd say those colors need work. Make the brighter shades way more greenish. It's called 'emerald' weappon for a reason.
Thanked by:
Waaay too dark.
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by:
It's a little bit too blue on the brighter spots and it's way too dark; I can't really see what's going on without massively upping the brightness.
Thanked by:
Here's what it looks like in my rom hack:
[Image: 402042876f09fc19307c4e9e2083a6e6ff53b23.png]

I believe it looked to dark because it was on a bright white background on these forums.
It looks fine imo when in this setting.
Thanked by:
It's still too dark and the colors aren't really accurate. Yours is more blue then emerald.
Thanked by:
(05-27-2009, 12:29 AM)Gizmonicgamer Wrote: It's still too dark and the colors aren't really accurate. Yours is more blue then emerald.

It's fine imo.
Thanked by:
You posted for critique, and we're giving you critique. Just posting "its fine imo" is fucking ignorant and arrogant as shit. (because quite clearly, it ISN'T fine)

You never learn, do you? You had this exact same problem at PT a long time ago.
I also think it's too dark. FF7 is a dark-palette game. It's dark even on my monitor which is usually too light.
You asked C&C, we are giving. If you don't want to take it, then just don't freakin' post it.
[Image: MegaEXESig.png]
Thanked by:
Okay guys. He posted it for critique, but that doesn't mean he automatically has to accept and change everything you guys say. It's his piece, and if he thinks it's better his way, that's his call, whether you agree with it or not.

That said, in my opinion, it could stand to be made slightly lighter, although it does look a bit better in the screenshot. Also, it may just be me, but I think the shading on the close shoulder-pad-thing is a little off. Specifically the lightsourcing is weird, compared to the rest of the sprite.
Thanked by:
If you're going for an under-water palette, then the colors are fine.

Just make sure you make a brighter palette if you plan on having it in the surface and such.
Thanked by:
Quote:Okay guys. He posted it for critique, but that doesn't mean he automatically has to accept and change everything you guys say. It's his piece, and if he thinks it's better his way, that's his call, whether you agree with it or not.
waaaaaaaah opinions waaaaaaaah
here, read this
[Image: 20070502opinions.png]
opinions don't mean shit in the face of objective fact.

Quote:If you're going for an under-water palette, then the colors are fine.
I don't think you understand either underwater or context.
Thanked by:
(05-30-2009, 02:52 AM)Ekoi Wrote: If you're going for an under-water palette, then the colors are fine.

Just make sure you make a brighter palette if you plan on having it in the surface and such.

QFT

Gizmonicgamer, please stop crying.
It looks perfect in game, it looks to dark on a white background like this forum uses. The underwater background it's on is also dark.
So for the love of god, stfu.

It's always troublesome to get Constructive Criticism from spriters because 75% of them are nit-picky about every little pixel. Did you ever think that it may look good within the game?
In fact the shading matches the style FF6 uses, and it's as dark as the palettes in the game. How about that? Smile
Thanked by:
No.

It doesn't.

the thing is, you can't see what's wrong with it. We can.

It isn't accurate to the source material and it isn't accurate for being underwater, especially given the background. It needs to be lighter and decontrasted and tinted more towards the blue shades used there. And no, I'm not talkinga bout it over the white background; I haven't been, not since you posted it ontop of the in-game BG.

Quote:Gizmonicgamer, please stop crying.
lol
when you stop being an insufferable distinguished gentleman who doesn't know shit i may consider stop hounding your ass; you brought it on yourself
until then, you deserve it
(05-27-2009, 12:54 AM)Zeemis Wrote:
(05-27-2009, 12:29 AM)Gizmonicgamer Wrote: It's still too dark and the colors aren't really accurate. Yours is more blue then emerald.

It's fine imo.

Youre an arrogant distinguished gentleman imo
[Image: raytheon.png]
[Image: Huntsman125.png]