Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Game?
I've been mulling this over for the last few days. Between the Smash project and the Fantasy Smash project, we're getting a lot of good sheets done, but currently we have no use for them besides just looking at them. What do you guys think about us taking the next step and trying to make a decent game with the sprites we're doing? I'm not saying it'll happen. I'm just asking if you'd all be interested. I think it would give a much-needed push to this project and it would make people want to work on it.
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by:
This is Shroob2, and I support this action.

Well, it's not like everybody's going to agree with me, but you have one yes.
Still thinking of a new name.
Thanked by:
We've tried to make this happen like three times already. Besides, wasn't the point of this whole projects to have less style mixing in the millions of smash fangames out there? Oh yeah, that's another reason.
Thanked by:
I say yes!
[Image: 27348983yu7.png]
Thanked by:
(05-25-2009, 02:51 PM)Tuna Unleashed Wrote: We've tried to make this happen like three times already. Besides, wasn't the point of this whole projects to have less style mixing in the millions of smash fangames out there? Oh yeah, that's another reason.

Outsiders have tried it. We, as a community, have not tried.
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by:
Runouw is still making his, but if you guys wanna do it, you can use my Lolo if I can finish him.
Thanked by:
I say we try as a community. It's be nice.
Thanked by:
I'm not exactly good at doing realistic sprites, but "LONG LIVE BRAWL"!!!!
Thanked by:
(05-25-2009, 03:05 PM)Tonberry2k Wrote:
(05-25-2009, 02:51 PM)Tuna Unleashed Wrote: We've tried to make this happen like three times already. Besides, wasn't the point of this whole projects to have less style mixing in the millions of smash fangames out there? Oh yeah, that's another reason.

Outsiders have tried it. We, as a community, have not tried.

yeah, we have on oldpt
Thanked by:
remember Project Prism?
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
I like the idea of a community project; I'm willing to help program it.
[Image: bJTerlT.png]
Thanked by:
The best thing to do is work on something small on your own, like one whole test level.
And then when people will see it, they will kill each other trying to get anything in-game.

Motivate them. And then kick them in the balls for not helping you when you asked for it.
[Image: ZRdfkWQ.jpg]
Thanked by:
I like this idea Genki ^_^

It would be cool to see all these awesome sprites in action.

Now I really wanna help out with these projectsBig Grin
Thanked by:
@Rabid, yeah, sure. While it generally does work as a motivator for a short time, things died back down pretty quickly shortly afterwards.

In fact, I've seen it three times, once with Wario Raiders; the other two times with this project.

BTW, I'm not going to discourage people from trying it out again, but don't be too disappointed if it doesn't work out. In fact, Runouw already has a decent engine, but few sprites to use.

Really, if you want to really push for a game, we need to be focused on that goal.
Thanked by:
ha ha this makes me want to get sonic done faster also i wanna help out so i can get ready for my video game making career this is gonna be sweet
Thanked by: