Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Techokami's Sprite Warehouse U (0 Updated)
Thumbs Up 
-=NEW STUFFS!=-
All new content will be directly submitted to the website. Please keep an eye on the main tSR page and my Submitter Profile page for new content!

-=BETTERIZED SHEETS!=-
None right now!

-=STUFF ON TSR RIGHT NOW!=- (Now organized by console! 30% moar sections! Education yourself!)
Note: this was from a different era of tSR, and thus all the links and images broke. Instead, click here to go to my Submitter Profile page to see my content on the site. The section text will be preserved, as I like it a lot.
SEGA Master System & SEGA Game Gear are the best 8-bit consoles ever made, due to the fact that they had the same graphical capabilities as the SEGA Genesis (and the Game Gear actually supports far more colors than the Genesis - 512 to 4,096!)

SEGA Genesis/SEGA Mega Drive was SEGA's best home console to date. Made by a company that cared about its third parties, too!

Arcade games are lots of fun and have evolved greatly over the years.

Cell Phones are not game consoles, why do people keep insisting that they are? Rolleyes

Atari 2600 & Atari 7800 are two of Atari's biggest home consoles. The 2600 started - and ended - a great console era, while the 7800 tried to reclaim the fame that the 2600 brought. The 7800 is backwards compatible with 2600 games.

NeoGeo Pocket (Color) was the inverse of the SEGA Game Gear - instead of having 4BPP "16-bit" graphics with an 8-bit processor, it has 2BPP "8-bit" graphics with a 16-bit processor. Even with an upgraded version that supported color graphics, it tried and failed against the big asshole gorilla known as Nintendo in the handheld market, sadly.

Nintendo Game Boy (Color) was Nintendo's second foray into the portable console market (the first being the Game & Watch series), and thanks to both Tetris at launch as a pack-in deal and GameFreak's infamous JRPG Pokémon, put a death grip on the portable console market that Nintendo refuses to let go of.

Super Nintendo Entertainment System, or SNES for short, was Nintendo's response to the SEGA Genesis. It is two NES consoles duct taped together, literally - the system was designed with a similar main processor and similar video processor, making developers who worked with the NES feel more "comfortable" with the SNES. There is a degree to backwards compatability, but nobody has gotten it to do more than just play Donkey Kong without sound.

Nintendo 64 was Nintendo's answer to the 32-bit Sony Playstation and SEGA Saturn. Unlike its CD-ROM-based compeditors, Nintendo firmly believed in sticking to physical game cartridges. While this made for the fastest loading times of its generation, the quality of games suffered from it. It was extremely difficult for non-Nintendo developers to work with the system, especially since technical docs and the ability to modify its microcode weren't released until late in its lifetime.

Nintendo Game Boy Advance, or GBA, was the true successor to the Game Boy and its late-life upgrade, the Game Boy Color. The Game Boy Advance boasted a 32-bit processor, over 32 thousand colors, a 256-color graphics mode, twice the pallete size of the SNES, and backwards compatability with all Game Boy and Game Boy Color titles.

Nintendo Dual Screen, or Nintendo DS, is the codename for a new Nintendo handheld system that, by popular demand, became the official name. It is the sucessor to the Game Boy series (though at first it was portrayed as a separate handheld) and is famous for its dual screen display, the bottom screen having touch input. It sports a somewhat newer processor that is capable of 3D graphics, to an extent. It also features wireless communications, which, with the release of Mario Kart DS, added Nintendo's first online multiplayer service. And friend codes!

The IBM Personal Computer was invented in 1981, in an attempt to compete with other home programmable computers like the Apple IIe and Tandy TRS-80. Most famously, it has been cloned by hundreds of other companies, giving rise to the "IBM PC compatible" realm of home computers. You're probably using one to read this text right now.

SEGA Dreamcast was SEGA's last foray into the console market, being the system that launched the 6th generation long before the Gamecube, Xbox, or PS2 were rele-WAIT THESE AREN'T SPRITES what is going on
Click me to see the models I submitted!

-=DEATH COUNT=-
So far, through the submission of better sheets by other users, you cunts destroyed 2 of my sheets! Gotta step things up!
Thanked by: dll1024
Done! Great edit Smile
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
Thanked by: Techokami, Techokami
(05-21-2009, 12:33 PM)Dazz Wrote: Done! Great edit Smile

Wow that was fast =O
Thank you!
Thanked by:
A small trivia for you: actually, Nintendo and Sony were developing a console together, a CD-ROM one. But halfway the project, Nintendo decided to stick with the cartridges and ditch the project. So Sony continued the project on it's own and released the Playstation. Sometime later Nintendo released the N64 and the rest is history.
[Image: MegaEXESig.png]
Thanked by:
(05-21-2009, 01:12 PM)Ultimecia Wrote: A small trivia for you: actually, Nintendo and Sony were developing a console together, a CD-ROM one. But halfway the project, Nintendo decided to stick with the cartridges and ditch the project. So Sony continued the project on it's own and released the Playstation. Sometime later Nintendo released the N64 and the rest is history.
The original Nintendo Playstation was a SNES with a CD-ROM drive. However, Nintendo was in talks with another company (Phillips, IIRC), and this pissed off Sony to no end, which made them break the deal. But around that time, the SuperFX chip came along, and actually was more powerful than the planned CD-based console!

The only similarity between the original Nintendo Playstation and the released Sony Playstation is the name - the hardware is totally different between the two.

In short: I knew that already. You didn't have to tell me that, yo [Image: emot-eng101.gif]
Thanked by:
Why the fuck does nobody seem to know how Gameloft's custom graphic format works?! [Image: emot-argh.gif]
I've got a badass sheet to post... which I had to make the hard way... which means I had to leave out an animation due to the fact that it has a huge special effect covering up half the sprite when it is used Sad
[Image: sonicunleashedmobile_sonic_oldver.png]
Respect, bitches. And the obligatory icons:
[Image: sonicunleashedmobile_sonic_icon.png]
[Image: sonicunleashedmobile_icon.png]
Thanked by:
Interesting. Are those all the sprites in the game for Sonic/Eggman? Will you also be doing the Werehog and the background tile-sets?

I ask because I have a personal interest in these sheets as I do a lot of style editing.

EDIT: Should of mentioned earlier- you've done a great job on the rips and I thank you for these alone, let alone anything else you may do.
Thanked by:
So far, no one seems to be able to crack Gameloft coding :/
But congrats on the rip
Thanked by:
(06-16-2009, 08:13 PM)Deebs Wrote: Interesting.
Indeed.
(06-16-2009, 08:13 PM)Deebs Wrote: Are those all the sprites in the game for Sonic/Eggman?
Nope. Sonic also has a grinding animation, but it is partially obscured by the rail and grind spark effects, so it is technically unrippable. Also, Eggman has a slew of animations and mechas; I only grabbed the sprites from the intro to salvage a botched mass screengrab (hur hur pure black background FUUUCK)
(06-16-2009, 08:13 PM)Deebs Wrote: Will you also be doing the Werehog and the background tile-sets?
I HATE THAT WEREHOG
Actually I would like to rip werewolf Sonic but not in this manner. Not at ALL in this manner. The man that can help me out is currently booked until July, so patience!
This also applies to the tilesets. I really want them, too.
(06-16-2009, 08:13 PM)Deebs Wrote: I ask because I have a personal interest in these sheets as I do a lot of style editing.
Don't forget to give credit. ;D
(06-16-2009, 08:13 PM)Deebs Wrote: EDIT: Should of mentioned earlier- you've done a great job on the rips and I thank you for these alone, let alone anything else you may do.
Thank you! Big Grin
EDIT: Oh hey, style edits? Does that mean you can make an "air bubble get" animation for this Sonic sprite? I don't think there is one in this game, the only big air bubbles I've seen so far are ones Sonic rides around inside ala Sonic 2 SMS/GG and Triple Trouble. If you can do that, that would be beyond awesome! Big Grin

(06-16-2009, 08:25 PM)Ultimecia Wrote: So far, no one seems to be able to crack Gameloft coding :/
Like I said, wait until July.
(06-16-2009, 08:25 PM)Ultimecia Wrote: But congrats on the rip
Thank you! Big Grin
Thanked by:
Fantastic job brother, I look forward to if you rip more! But truth is - I thought that the game looked like a simple "Sonic Advance hack-job" sprite job, but it seems that they actually did something this time...
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
Thanked by:
(06-17-2009, 01:29 AM)Dazz Wrote: Fantastic job brother, I look forward to if you rip more! But truth is - I thought that the game looked like a simple "Sonic Advance hack-job" sprite job, but it seems that they actually did something this time...

Too bad they didn't go all the way, so few sprites :/

And I'll be waiting :o
Thanked by:
Congratulations for the rip. I'm also working on it and yes, Gameloft's weird coding plus pure black backgrounds left me with the same sheet as you have here. Plus, the emulator crashes during the third act, so more kudos for you for going this far with this rip.
Thanked by:
Actually I am rather impressed how much you actually ripped so far, considering that I imagine that it was really hard work using the emulator to rip it and no one has seem to cracked the format yet (have to wait until July for at least a chance).

Saying great job is an understatement...
Thanked by:
(06-17-2009, 03:06 AM)Maneko Wrote: Congratulations for the rip. I'm also working on it and yes, Gameloft's weird coding plus pure black backgrounds left me with the same sheet as you have here. Plus, the emulator crashes during the third act, so more kudos for you for going this far with this rip.
Yawackhary told me about you. If possible, please infodump as much as humanly possible about everything you know on Gameloft's formats via a PM; it might give me the edge I need to crack this bad boy wide open.

Also it's not wierd coding, they used an obfuscator on the Java code before compiling, which is why everything has the same function name when you pass it through a decompiler, making it hard to figure out what function is used to convert the graphic data into something usable by the Java graphic libraries.
Thanked by:
I probably won't be style editing anything into -this- style, but editing these sprites into another.

I can however give this style a go sometime, it looks relatively simple.

EDIT: Hey, don't worry about ripping Werehog (or Chip, actually), I got it covered.
Thanked by: