Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Who fits who?
Lately I've been working on a small Photoshop project called "Celebrity Cosplay". Basically what I try to do is fit certain actors in video game character outfits.

Now this got me thinking. I didn't choose these celebrities randomly. I've looked at their age, their style and their overall appearances. But I was wondering, what are your opinions? If there would be a movie about your favorite game, who should play which part? Of course, given that it's a live-action movie.

So, state who would fit a certain role best, and support that opinion. You can support this with various points (not limited to):
  • Physique and overall appearance
  • Reportoire / Portfolio
  • Common style of the roles the actor / actress played
  • Real life personality
  • Voice

Anyway, here's my reasoning for the actors I chose.

Alexis Bledel is Princess Zelda
[Image: cc-alexis-zelda.jpg]
Alexis Bledel has played various roles which were basically the same. For example, her role in Tuck Everlasting is quite similar to that of Rory Gilmore in the Gilmore Girls.

She has an innocent look, which works pretty well with Zelda. She also looks very attractive, while not looking like a complete whore. In my opinion, this one would most definitely work.

Jack Black is Wario
[Image: cc-jackblack-wario.jpg]
Now this choice seems kind of odd. Jack doesn't really even look like Wario. However, the main problem is, nobody is really fit to play Wario. Jack Black however does have the advantage in that he can do various types and accents. Add to that the fact that he has a dense bone structure, and you've got someone who can at least do a decent Wario.

Gwyneth Paltrow is Princess Rosalina
[Image: cc-gwyneth-rosalina.jpg]
The main reason why I chose Gwyneth Paltrow is because of her age. She's not the youngest actress, but she still looks pretty good. Okay, given, 35 isn't that old, but still, it's old for most actresses.

Another reason why I made this choice is because she actually looks both intelligent, kind and caring. There was also another reason, but I can't come up with the right word for it, or even a proper description. But it is something that makes her believable as Rosalina when looking at Rosalina's past.

---

By the way, aside from Jack Black's, all of them took me quite some time, mostly because I had to reconstruct parts of the face, and in Gwyneth Paltrow's case even parts of her eye.

Anyway, please discuss your own choices. Unfortunately I only make Nintendo-related shoops for the site, but fortunately I'm also working on a Nontendo-section which features all non-Nintendo related game related shoops, so maybe I will make your suggestion. But do state why you think that person fits the role. I don't want people randomly shouting names because they just think they look cool and quite similar.
Thanked by:
Jack Black makes a cool Wario
pkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
Thanked by:
gwenyth paltro still looks like a 12 year old boy even when in another costume
[Image: cKfiI0F.png]
Thinking of you, 
wherever you are.
Thanked by:
Jack Black would make an awesome Wario.

I have no idea for any others.Sad But this is a cool idea.
Thanked by:
Jack Black with Wario seems the only one fitting to me.

Anyway, Lucas in the Wizard sorta looks like MOTHER3 Lucas

[Image: 2014-11-19_1823.png]
Thanked by:
hell yeah i know what this thread was made for
[Image: 205fm8m.jpg]
[Image: CQLlJY0.png]
Thanked by:
I hate Jack Black so goddamn much, but that made me chuckle.

I suck at remembering actor names, so I dunno if I can help out here much. :V
Thanked by:
pikspiksmaroator Wrote:Jack Black with Wario seems the only one fitting to me.

Anyway, Lucas in the Wizard sorta looks like MOTHER3 Lucas

[Image: wizard-lucas.jpg]

what
Thanked by:
The first one just doesn't look right to me, and that the angle of the face in the photo is different than the one in the screenshot probably has something to do with it.

Jack Black as Wario though...heh.
Thanked by: