Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Power of the Triforce
http://pixeljoint.com/pixelart/42542.htm

[Image: adult_link.gif]

Adult Link in a fighter style for a fangame project.
Thanked by:

Awesome

The shield looks off for some reason though
pkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
Thanked by:
Looks pretty good.

But the shield is at the wrong angle for the arm it's on.

Also, it's funny how the sword and its sheath are different shapes...

BTW, do you like making fighter-game sprites or something?
Thanked by:
That's really nice. I can't really spot anything that's off about it, at the moment. Love the style!
Thanked by:
(05-06-2009, 05:18 PM)Sploder Wrote: BTW, do you like making fighter-game sprites or something?
You should know this by now, almost all of my sprites are fighter-styled and I'm getting paid to work on a fighting game :B
Thanked by:
errr
the "pants" look odd
can you make them the tannish-yellow color like in TP/Brawl? They look like white dress pants with the shinguards.

edit- also his sheathe is a katana sheathe. Make it have the point in the middle instead of the corner.
and why is he staring at the ground

edit again- now that I look at it again, either change the pants color, or take off the shinguards
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
Or I could just not alter the design at all because this is the design I chose for him and I wanted to make it as original as I can make it for a Link character.

The pants are bigger than the TP/Brawl counterpart because they're actual pants.

I'm not altering the pants color because they and his undershirt are supposed to be gray, according to my redesign.

He's not staring at the ground, I'm not even sure how you came up with that one. He doesn't even look like he's staring at the ground.

And according to the laws of physics, the sheathe isn't supposed to point up the middle all the way...

No offense, but do you even know what you're talking about?

Thanks for the comments everybody else, I'll look into fixing the shield, although I didn't really see what the problem was since I put the arm at an angle so I could have shield look the way it does.
Thanked by:
(05-06-2009, 05:42 PM)Osiris Wrote: And according to the laws of physics, the sheathe isn't supposed to point up the middle all the way...
That's not what he meant. He's saying that the sheathe is for a katana. But Link isn't holding a katana...

As for the pants, he might be referring to how it's somewhat hard to tell the pants apart from his shinguards because of the colors.

For the looking down part, it is kinda hard to tell which way his eye is looking. I didn't think he was looking down when I saw it, but I can see how one can come to that conclusion.
Thanked by:
It does when you first look at it, because the shading near the eye looks a bit like the pupil, so you don't recognize the very faint blue as the actual pupil.

[Image: LinkEyeWierd.png]
The first one is what I believe Vipershark thought the eye was, while the one on the right is what I assume is the correct way to look at it.
Thanked by:
(05-06-2009, 05:47 PM)Sploder Wrote: As for the pants, he might be referring to how it's somewhat hard to tell the pants apart from his shinguards because of the colors.
The shinguards are metal and the pants are grey. I explicitly used darker shades on the pants and lighter colors on the shinguards in order for people to be able to differentiate between the two. Although it's really not that hard to differentiate between the pants and the shinguards in the first place...

As for the eye, there's no shading on it because there's not enough room or necessity FOR eye shading. The blue is because Link has blue eyes. It might be best if I used a darker blue though, I'll look into that.
Thanked by:
well gee I love the way that you just blow off my comments simply because you don't like me and then basically say that you're not changing it because you made it that way and that's how it's supposed to look, etc

but yes, both sploder and surikenface were correct with what I was talking about

anyway though
I think a lot of the reason that it looks like he's looking down is both because of the angle of his head and how thin his eyes are too thin
link is in your style's traditional "look down and scowl" pose
maybe if his eyes were open a bit more, it'd help see where he's looking? hmm.
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
It's not because I "don't like you," it's because most of your crits weren't right.

I'll see what I can do about the eyes, but I don't want to break the style I'm going for.
Thanked by:
The legs seems kinda skinny don't you think? Perhaps you should put some meat on them bones.

Thanked by:
The left leg (From our perspective) Doesn't seem natural it looks almost bent backwards.
Other than that this looks nice. Smug
this is a sig

Thanked by:
Is it just me or does Link's head look too big for his body? I know he has a big hat but still...the way it looks right now it makes him look like he has a tall head or there's ALOT of hair underneath it.

As for the overall design for Link that you made: It's pretty coo'. The shoulder blades are a bit too much imo. It clashes.
I would suggest changing it up a little bit.

Also, his legs seem to be another problem. They look akward to me.

And the same thing ViperShark said, I swear that one part of his eye was his pupil, then I saw the blue and I was like "ahhh okay".
[Image: 9fryz.gif] [Image: QUmE6.gif]
[Image: XwNYE.gif]
[Image: qjGOacY.png]

Click the link below to view the New Super Mario Kart Project! [Seizure Warning]

Thanked by: