Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Help me with my SMW sprites
I want to do a Whacka sprite sheet in Super Mario World style, but I can not get it to look that, like, old school. I used the super mario world tut. It helped me, I think I did how they said you should. But it doesnt look like those old sprites. The pallette is right, I got it from the tut. I also dont know where the light comes from (top right) or (directly above) so I did both.

The goomba and buzzy beetle are examples of the real style.

[Image: Whakashow.png]
Thanked by:
SMW is all sideview. and the highlights are always placed at the top sides (on wich side depends onw hat would the shading benefit more)

taking that into consideration, it shouldn't be that hard.
Thanked by:
What is sideview??? Are highlights the shades. I'm sorry you arent very clear.
Thanked by:
(05-04-2009, 08:26 PM)Torres. Wrote: What is sideview??? Are highlights the shades. I'm sorry you arent very clear.

A view from the side perhaps?...
Thanked by:
sideview: viewed from the side
highlight: where the light hits its maximun intensity over a surface. aka, the brigthest zone in an object.
Thanked by:
Here is a SMW style tutorial
http://www.spriters-resource.com/resourc...mwpage.png Wink
“The Goombas have lost...Again?! Is this our destiny?! To be trampled by oppressive feet for all eternity? No, we will definitely triumph next time! Yes, next time! The Goombas' fate is not defeat, but perseverance!”
—Goomboss, Super Mario 64 DS

Thanks to Ploaj for the avatar.
Thanked by:
If you even read my post SuperKirby, you would know that I already have seen it.

How come it doesnt look old school like the goombas.
Thanked by: