Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Wikipedia Page
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Spriters_Resource
Why not?
Let's give it a shot.
Try and put in some more information otherwise it'll probably get deleted, and I feel that this place should have a wikipedia page since we are linked to on plenty of other wiki pages, and there's tSR is even used as a reference.
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
Thanked by:
I like the idea!!! I can't think of anything right now to put on it but I can say that it does have possibilitys.
avatar and signature custom made by me Smile

My TSR sprite topic
[Image: ZoidsProject.png] last updated on: December-22-09 fixed weapons sheets 1 and 2 and the republic and imperial sheets
[Image: l_b489bf24c48c43a689123b07de56b838.gif]<-----my first sprite I made

[Image: zoid_but_1.png]--- come and visit my zoids sprite site.

I don't care what jerks say/think.Tongue
Thanked by:
Well, didn't take them long to delete it.
Thanked by:
God they got an article for that stupid Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi but we can't have one for the greatest sprite website?

Thanked by:
(05-04-2009, 11:23 AM)koopaul Wrote: God they got an article for that stupid Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi but we can't have one for the greatest sprite website?

There must be something wrong with this picture TSR is a trillion times better then powderpuff girls. I know it's power not powder but I can't stand them that I coudn't resist.

My TSR sprite topic
[Image: ZoidsProject.png] last updated on: December-22-09 fixed weapons sheets 1 and 2 and the republic and imperial sheets

Thanked by:
this is the problem we had before
some extremely distinguished gentlemen keep deleting the page for no reason
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
The reasons mention

1) It shows no sign of the importance or reason the article is necessary.
2) That tSR "infringes copyright".

So let's try this again in a few weeks after a bit of preparation for this. The Wikipedia rules also state that articles must be written from an impartial standpoint.

Honestly, though, tSR is the largest database of sprites on the web and it's completely legal. There's no reason not to (possibly) take it up with Wikipedia staff and confirm what we have here.
Thanked by:
Don't you generally need third party websites as reference?

I remember when KRR was fighting to keep Metaknight's article up someone brought up the fact that there wasn't enough third party information or something.

Are there any articles about tSR?
pkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
Thanked by:
I volunteer my site to host an article about tSR. We can fix up and use tSR's AboutUs page. If we can get a third reference, there will be no reason for them NOT to keep the page next time.
Thanked by:
Well, once PxC's site goes up, I was gonna talk to you about affiliation, Dazz. Possibly we could help each other out and do small articles about each others' sites as well? (:
Thanked by:
So Orsis will host an article, I'll host an article, we'll use the tSR aboutus page, and try again?

EDIT: Here's what I've got:
http://www.thedevhome.net/forums/showthread.php?tid=115

EDIT: I'm looking up Dispute Resolutions on Wikipedia right now. Hopefully I can find a way for tSR to get reposted without getting deleted for any reason. Also among the reasons for deletion (though this was back in August of 2007, but that wasn't very long before I joined the old Pixeltendo) one of the reasons for deletion was recreating an article previously deleted. Hopefully we can get around that as well.
Thanked by:
(05-04-2009, 03:22 PM)David Reinold Wrote: I volunteer my site to host an article about tSR. We can fix up and use tSR's AboutUs page. If we can get a third reference, there will be no reason for them NOT to keep the page next time.

Maybe putting something like "we are affiliated with SDB,shyguy kindom,sprite inc and other places to show that there are sites in the spriting bussiness.
(05-04-2009, 03:31 PM)Osiris Wrote: Well, once PxC's site goes up, I was gonna talk to you about affiliation, Dazz. Possibly we could help each other out and do small articles about each others' sites as well? (:

I wish I could affiliate with TSR but my site is free. Maybe having links to other sites will get more people involved with the place and it gets the name around more.

My TSR sprite topic

Thanked by:
(05-04-2009, 04:17 PM)Ridleymaster Wrote:
(05-04-2009, 03:22 PM)David Reinold Wrote: I volunteer my site to host an article about tSR. We can fix up and use tSR's AboutUs page. If we can get a third reference, there will be no reason for them NOT to keep the page next time.

Maybe putting something like "we are affiliated with SDB,shyguy kindom,sprite inc and other places to show that there are sites in the spriting bussiness.
(05-04-2009, 03:31 PM)Osiris Wrote: Well, once PxC's site goes up, I was gonna talk to you about affiliation, Dazz. Possibly we could help each other out and do small articles about each others' sites as well? (:

I wish I could affiliate with TSR but my site is free. Maybe having links to other sites will get more people involved with the place and it gets the name around more.

That MIGHT help, but certainly not as much as claims from administrators of other sites.
Thanked by:
Wasn't TsR featured in some gaming magazine or somesuch I do not know what I am talking about.
[Image: ZRdfkWQ.jpg]
Thanked by:
MFGG has a wiki of their own, why can't we? We could keep it updated, let members have pages of their own about their tSR history and etc, and stuff like that. It could have pages relating to tSR's history, when good/bad things happened, y'know. It'd be it's own wiki, though, you know. Not an actual article on Wikipedia itself, but a separate wiki. Lots of things have that.
Thanked by: