Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[Try To] Beat EmThree at Brawl
Think you're good at Brawl and up for somewhat of a challenge? You've come to the right place. You're free to try as many times are you want. The first five victors will have the honor of having their names in this post and an epic description of the battle if I am in a good mood.

So what are you waiting for, add me up: 0688-4917-2827

My rules are neutral stages (FD, Battle Field, Smashville, Yoshi's Island) and no items. I'll always host.

Edit: 3 stocks, best out of three. You may change characters whenever you like in between round.
[Image: Arcade_Fuhrer-290x300.jpg]
Thanked by:
already beated you at not buying that game and instead studying and being worried at more relevant issues in real life like paying bills and doing some exercise outside.
Thanked by:
Who said I wasn't doing any of those Surprise
Thanked by:
I'll play you but only with items on because tourneyfags are gay.
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
(05-03-2009, 07:49 PM)Vipershark Wrote: I'll play you but only with items on because tourneyfags are gay.

IT'S LIKE TAKING OUT THE FUN FROM PLAYING.
Thanked by:
what? items?
no.
they spice up the gameplay and make it unexpected.

removing the items essentially makes it a 2d street fighter-like beatemup which really sucks and gets boring quickly
the platforming elements are unneeded with items off
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
Pictochat. Delphino Plaza. Luigi's Mansion. Lylat Cruise. Pokemon Stadium.

These stages are god damn neutral enough.
Thanked by:
(05-03-2009, 08:12 PM)Vipershark Wrote: what? items?
no.
they spice up the gameplay and make it unexpected.

removing the items essentially makes it a 2d street fighter-like beatemup which really sucks and gets boring quickly
the platforming elements are unneeded with items off

what's the matter? scared?

what a pussy, fight him with items off, you'll show real manliness that way.
Thanked by:
above post is terribly ironic being it's duke nukem, the epitome of manliness

real men use items, nate said it himself

Really, it's just preference w/e, I don't like using items because it's no fun having a health item spawn right in front of your opponent that restores all his health or a bob-omb that just DECIDES to appear under you.

this all said i suppose i'll try my hand at fighting the emthree in Brawl.

[who do you use so we can plan in advance and purposely counterpick you like the tourneytarding assholes we are]
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by:
real men play real fighting games like KOF
Why are people comparing this with games like Street Fighter? I know SSBB is a fighting game, but it doesn't play like a traditional fighting game and its not supposed to. And seriously, whats fighting without items going to prove? Considering EVERY single player mode (excluding Cruel Brawl and Master Hand) has items on, I think its safe to say that this game was meant to be played with items turned ON. Its not like they couldn't have taken off items or anything on the higher difficulties. While the frequency at which they appear becomes severely reduced, the items are never really turned off. I think its fun to occasionally play with the items completely off, but it gets more than a bit repetitive when everyone wants to play every single match like that.
Thanked by:
I usually play with items on Low. That way we get the fun of items with out them accidentally getting in the way. If a Bomb-Omb pops up it won't be in bulk.

Thanked by:
I never asked you guys to disagree with my choice of rules. I am a tourneyfag, come to accept that. This is my challenge thread, you don't need to participate if you don't agree with my rules. It's either my way or the high way this time : )

I'll play Kosheh fairly soon.
Thanked by:
Okay then... How many lives do you use? What are are the rules? Best outta three?

'Splain Lucy, 'splain!

Also what character do you use, and if there are multiple rounds are we allowed to change characters?

We also need a specific date and time. I'm not always around, you know.

Thanked by:
oh right

0130-1472-3273

I can probably brawl later; definitely can't atm

poopaul: i believe Emthree said you can try as many times as you want until you beat him, which he'll promptly rush to TSR and mention you in his post whilst crying to himself

(might i mention his posting is not exactly that good which alludes to the fact that he might be very very good at this game)
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by: