Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
metroid prime 2 blogg
hi, im kinda new here and new with sprites, but I was thinking of making a game thats metroid of course (haventh named it yet, oh and dont mind my spelling) and I thought of adding bloggs. I worked a little while on it and heres how it looks:
[Image: blogg.jpg]
Im not sure if its that good so im asking u pros to suggest any changes that might improve it. as I said, im new with sprites so uhh, yea...
p.s. I have an enlarge mode of the blogg in attachments. I hope Im not being stupid or anything, like its in the most obvious place...
[Image: newtitlescreen-42.png]
Thanked by:
Unless English isn't your first language, I suggest you take a little more care in your typing, your current state of grammar and spelling is hard to understand.

That, and this is the wrong board. Moving this to Sprite Discussion.
Thanked by:
Well, the grammar's okay to understand. Just hope "gramper's" as understandable!
*rimshot*
Hehe... eh, ahem.
*silence*

Well, the one sprite you have looks okay for a start. What kind of style are you basing yours off of?
~ Returned from the brink ~

My submissions - My other sheets
Thanked by:
Miles07 Wrote:Well, the grammar's okay to understand. Just hope "gramper's" as understandable!
*rimshot*
Hehe... eh, ahem.
*silence*

Well, the one sprite you have looks okay for a start. What kind of style are you basing yours off of?

I kind of type fast... well when you say "what type of style" Im not really that sure. Uhhh I guess my own. I tried it in "metroid style" but I just know it does'nt have the metroid feeling to it, oh and Im the youngest spriter on here, so thats probably why my typing's kind of off... Im hoping to make a sheet also, but Im not sure If I could function it to how I want it to be. (this time I typed slow... better understand it.)
Thanked by:
how old are you.
[Image: CQLlJY0.png]
Thanked by:
kenji imatake Wrote:...well when you say "what type of style" Im not really that sure. Uhhh I guess my own. I tried it in "metroid style" but I just know it does'nt have the metroid feeling to it...

Custom, then, eh? Well, it looks pretty darn good for a custom attempt! Keep going like this any maybe it'll end up better! Remember, practice makes perfect!

Thanked by:
lick my nick Wrote:how old are you.

*sighs* im 13. yea I know... I must be the youngest person here... but I have loved the metroid series since zero mission first came out. I first found this place when browsing *it came up a lot* I was looking for a way on how to animate images *or sprites, of course* because I had always wanted to make my own moving image like the ones on photobucket, so I saw the sheets here and woundered "I can get the sheets, but how do I take them apart?" my answer was soon answered by a friend of mine who told me how, so all ive been doing is cutting out stuff and re- coloring stuff, so then I had a good Idea to make my own sprite sheet. I thought I should make it from the prime series. so I looked through some pics and saw the blogg, then I thought
I could use this In the game that I wanted to make. Of course, at my status, I probably would'nt be able to make it. so thats that. anymore questions?
Miles07 Wrote:
kenji imatake Wrote:...well when you say "what type of style" Im not really that sure. Uhhh I guess my own. I tried it in "metroid style" but I just know it does'nt have the metroid feeling to it...

Custom, then, eh? Well, it looks pretty darn good for a custom attempt! Keep going like this any maybe it'll end up better! Remember, practice makes perfect!

thanks! like I said, Im kinda new at this, but hopefully, It'll come through. ^^
Thanked by:
ok everyone, Im adding a new attachment. Its of the blogg turning. this is the part I need help on. It doesnt look like it's turning. I need it so that whenever it moves in that snake-like fashion, Its head works with the tail. like the head turns left, the tail turns right, the head turns right, the tail turns left.[attachment=223]
Thanked by:
kenji imatake Wrote:

*sighs* im 13. yea I know... I must be the youngest person here...

there are definitely younger people than you here
[Image: CQLlJY0.png]
Thanked by:
lick my nick Wrote:
kenji imatake Wrote:

*sighs* im 13. yea I know... I must be the youngest person here...

there are definitely younger people than you here

really?! wow, I thought that there were people who were older like 16 and up... you know like semi juggalo, or at least, he seems old (no offense)
Thanked by:
It is possible that the whole forum might not fall under one age group. There can be people both older and younger than you.
Thanked by:
Plasma Trooper, you've never played Metroid Prime 2: Echoes?

@ Kenji: Try making the head static (not moving at all) and letting the tail do all the work. I think that's actually how they move in the game...

Thanked by:
really? I thought their head moved also... Well ok, I hope It turns out good When Im done. Big Grin hey, I know, that should be when Its turning the other way...
Thanked by:
ok, here's the updated version of the blogg. Now, the head doesnt move and the body and tail work together, kind of like a sidewinder snake. [attachment=228]
Zeph Wrote:It is possible that the whole forum might not fall under one age group. There can be people both older and younger than you.

Well Zeph, I knew there were people older than me, just I didn't know there were people younger. I just cant imagine it...
Thanked by:
Going good... I think. I'm going to try to animate it ASAP to see how it goes. *BRB*

Thanked by: