Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Custom Link.
I made this from scratch, and wish to get some opinions on it before I make the rest of the sides of this sprite, and later when I'm satisfied I will make it 3D.
[Image: ddf87467ee.png]
Thanked by:
I don't like the way you use the outline. There are some stuff that don't mix well (the shield has no black outlines while Link has). Use the black outline on the shield, or remove it from Link.

Also, I think you shouldn't use black outline inside the sprite. If you do that, the sprite will look more 3D.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by:
Hmm...the pure black ouline on everything is not working. Try using darker shades or no outline at all between colors.

Also, his eyes seem way too big. Make them a bit smaller (height wise) and we'll go from there.
[Image: orb21.png][Image: orb22.png][Image: orb23.png]
Thanked by:
(04-26-2009, 03:50 PM)gorsal Wrote: I don't like the way you use the outline. There are some stuff that don't mix well (the shield has no black outlines while Link has). Use the black outline on the shield, or remove it from Link.

Also, I think you shouldn't use black outline inside the sprite. If you do that, the sprite will look more 3D.
Ya I mainly used the black outline so I can see the sprite clearly when I actually start making it into a 3D object, and your right about the shield
I need to make a darker outline of it, I will work on the outline using colours instead of black to make it pretty.
(04-26-2009, 04:45 PM)Black Boo Wrote: Hmm...the pure black ouline on everything is not working. Try using darker shades or no outline at all between colors.
Also, his eyes seem way too big. Make them a bit smaller (height wise) and we'll go from there.
I try'd to make this sprite look cute, but your right its just not working out I was always sceptical about it, just the pupils will be hard to be see able if I accomplish that, I'll work on it though.
Thanked by:
Okay done ready to be evaluated.
[Image: 5a9af49a69.gif]
Thanked by:
nice, but I don't like the way the hair is sort of floating off of his face, the bottom bit seems to spike up randomly whereas it should rest on his face more.
Click the banner metal fans
[Image: Dark_Theory_Logo_by_WolfNM.png]
Thanked by:
(04-27-2009, 02:27 PM)WolfNM Wrote: nice, but I don't like the way the hair is sort of floating off of his face, the bottom bit seems to spike up randomly whereas it should rest on his face more.
I kind of didn't want to make him look like Windwaker if you remember the way it looked, and I have been working on that right bang but it looks less sharp pointed, so I left it the way it is, and the left bang has part of it tucked in the hat thats why it looks like its two bangs, the middle one I wanted to do that to differ from windwaker, I will mess with it, but I'm not certian it will be changed. Thanks for your insight though.
Basically what I'm doing is mixing windwaker with ocarina of time.
Thanked by:
Update:
I didn't have much time too sprite more positions till now.
I wants some opinions on the position mostly were Link is half way holding up the sword before I do the last pose when he's holding the sword all the way up.
[Image: ddf87467ee.png]
Thanked by: