Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
New XBOX 360 error.
Source HERE http://www.gamezine.co.uk/news/d%C3%A9bu...d-eternity-$1287835.htm

' Wrote:Microsoft has extended their three year warranty to E74 errors, further refunding those who have previously had to pay for a repair related to the error.

The Red Rings of Death (RROD) which represents a general hardware failure was rumoured to affect 30% of early Xbox 360's sold. The controversy led to Microsoft announcing an extended three year warranty in 2006 to repair all Xbox 360's affected by the red light failure.

However, the E74 error has been gaining as much attention this year. Instead of displaying three red lights, the console would display an E74 error on screen which would indeed represent some kind of system failure.

It's said that the error is either related to the AV cable, or the more fatal occurrence of the scaler chip or even the console's GPU.

The increased reports of the E74 error has resulted in Microsoft issuing an extended warranty for the fault:

"While the majority of Xbox 360 owners continue to have a great experience with their console, we are aware that a very small percentage of our customers have reported receiving an error that displays "E74" on their screen," Microsoft's release reads.

"After investigating the issue, we have determined that the E74 error message can indicate the general hardware failure that is associated with three flashing red lights error on the console. As a result, we have decided to cover repairs related to the E74 error message under our three-year warranty program for certain general hardware failures that was announced in July 2007."

As well as an extended three year warranty Microsoft will refund the amount paid for an E74 repair in the next 4-12 weeks.

People. PLEASE stop playing your XBOXes 24-7. We just got rid of the RRoD problem and now you got us a new one. If this keeps up lots more people will get the E74 error. Looks like we are going to have a new RRoD. Gosh they should have tested the thing or spmething. Both problems are overheat issues.
さもないと私はあなたのママを撃って、veryoneより良い。 私は「神息子」としてreffredt oイエス自身です、それで、いいえ下へあなたの場所弓〔お辞儀〕と私はyaにクッキーを与えるかもしれません
Thanked by:
This is really sad. Why can't Microsoft get their systems under control three years ago, before these problems arised?
These errors are the only thing keeping me from getting a 360. It would be a great system if a new problem didn't arise every 18 minutes. Sad
Hello!
Thanked by:
If you buy a elite the problem won't be there. But the elite is the most expensive Xbox. And everyone of those low income people buy Wii's and 360 arcades and sometimes pros. So if you wnat a XBOX get a elite. Unless your not buying it because you have a Wii then you must leave because I don't want a war on my thread.
さもないと私はあなたのママを撃って、veryoneより良い。 私は「神息子」としてreffredt oイエス自身です、それで、いいえ下へあなたの場所弓〔お辞儀〕と私はyaにクッキーを与えるかもしれません
Thanked by:
Oh pff I love all consoles! I just can't afford to buy one that's gonna break on me just because I played Super Puzzle Fighter II for too long. c_c;
Hello!
Thanked by:
Well, you could get a elite. for 399
Thanked by:
wait a second
so it's our fault that they made a console with faulty hardware and we should stop playing because of that?
what?
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
This is why I dont have an Xbox

Thanked by:
(04-14-2009, 03:20 PM)Hinako Yoshitora Wrote: This is really sad. Why can't Microsoft get their systems under control three years ago, before these problems arised?
These errors are the only thing keeping me from getting a 360. It would be a great system if a new problem didn't arise every 18 minutes. Sad

um
because if the problems hadn't come up, they probably didn't know they were there?

GODDAMN BILL GATES WHY AREN'T YOU CLAIRVOYANT >:<
[Image: 6WzBw.gif]
Thanked by:
(04-14-2009, 04:03 PM)Skink Wrote: This is why I dont have an Xbox

You have a wii don't you?
Thanked by:
What do you expect with microsoft? Everything they make gets these errors.
[Image: cIUPd.png]
Give me my own member group!
--
megazario Wrote:quite amazing good job make up more keep up the good work
plz dont give me a bad point plz for sounding a bit gay here
Thanked by: Angelglory, Angelglory
(04-14-2009, 04:05 PM)Zeemort Wrote:
(04-14-2009, 03:20 PM)Hinako Yoshitora Wrote: This is really sad. Why can't Microsoft get their systems under control three years ago, before these problems arised?

um
because if the problems hadn't come up, they probably didn't know they were there?

GODDAMN BILL GATES WHY AREN'T YOU CLAIRVOYANT >:<
Couldn't they have just called a recall of the systems until they fixed the problem though instead of just drawing it out for three years?
Pardon me if I'm wrong though. <__<
Hello!
Thanked by:
No. In videogames system budgets sending out the gamesystem they already send out costs them millions just like with the other consoles. Recalling would lose money. Instead. They upgraded the Pro and elite. The elite WAYYYYY more though.
Thanked by:
(04-14-2009, 04:09 PM)FLYBOMBER Wrote:

shut the fuck up
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
(04-14-2009, 04:09 PM)FLYBOMBER Wrote:

I really want to punch you in the face for saying that.

I mean really?

stereotyping?

Are we 10 year old kids or something?

Thanked by:
i have 2 xboxes

one is 4 years old

it rred last year i got it fixed within 2 weeks

the other is one year old(arcade)
it has never broken
[Image: raytheon.png]
[Image: Huntsman125.png]
Thanked by: