Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
A little request
Can I request that people shouldn't create accounts in order to make requests? You see all these guys posting requests and you never hear of them again. I mean, if a user's account doesn't exceed 10 posts in 6/12 months because he is idle, created a request and nobody answered, what's the point of creating an account for that sole purpose and consequence?
Well, whatever, just wandering. May sound stupid what I'm saying. I noticed the same thing happened in Photographic Evaluation a while ago.
[Image: x1aIZ2e.gif]
YOU HAVE TO FEEL WHAT YOU DRAW, FEEL
[Image: shrine.gif]

Thanked by:
Yeah, good luck with that. You know for a fact that nothing's going to stop anybody from making requests, no matter how hard you try.
Thanked by:
How about just get rid of the request forum.

Its a dumb idea.

Thanked by:
I'd rather there be a request forum than see random boards cluttered with requests constantly.
Thanked by:
I agree with you Osiris, I mean the request forum is here for a reason (to make people post in one area without clogging up sprite discussion).
But you can't stop people posting requests. How about there be a warning message of some kind for inactive (very low post count and time logged in) users (sent to their email adress, not PM, there'd be no point in that if they're idle), and if they don't respond within a certain delay (after a delay of several months, minimum 6), their account will be deleted. That would clean things up quite a bit.
The point of this thread is not the fact people are requesting, but that they create an account to post in one topic, to ask one question, and then gtfo if nobody answers.

Thanked by:
On pixeltendo there used to be a minimum post number you had to have to post in the request forum.
I think it was 100.
this is a sig

Thanked by:
That never stopped people from requesting anyway, just made it more of a pain in the ass.

Deleting accounts wouldn't help the matter either, at all in fact. Members go inactive all the time and eventually return, but if they don't have an account to return to, they won't want to return, see what I'm saying ?
Thanked by:
(04-13-2009, 05:49 PM)Osiris Wrote: That never stopped people from requesting anyway, just made it more of a pain in the ass.

Deleting accounts wouldn't help the matter either, at all in fact. Members go inactive all the time and eventually return, but if they don't have an account to return to, they won't want to return, see what I'm saying ?
which is why there would be a delay and then a warning. That in mind, your problem still resides. Let's take my example: I had a previous account on here. Made a few posts. Time lapse of a year. I try and log in, doesn't work, create a new account.

... anyway, this would be an infringement on their right to communicate blahblah. End of brainfart topic closed.

Thanked by:
(04-13-2009, 05:32 PM)BigG Wrote: On pixeltendo there used to be a minimum post number you had to have to post in the request forum.
I think it was 100.
If I remember correctly, this idea went great. People still requested though but since they just joined and they had 1 post they couldn't ask a request.

Actually, I think it was like 200 posts or something like that.
[Image: 9fryz.gif] [Image: QUmE6.gif]
[Image: XwNYE.gif]
[Image: qjGOacY.png]

Click the link below to view the New Super Mario Kart Project! [Seizure Warning]

Thanked by:
Perhaps I see a way to bring back the "coins" system... Instead of a "Request" board, we could have a "Shop" board instead.

Sound like a good idea, or no?
~ Returned from the brink ~

My submissions - My other sheets
Thanked by:
This Shop board idea sounds good IMO, but whats the coin system?
Thanked by:
Coins is what Pixeltendo (now PixelCore) used to use as a "currency system" that went up when you posted or did specific feats. You could use those coins to set up shops and people could buy stuff from you (like avatars, sigs, sprites) in exchange for said coins. It was another way to kill time and give some people better practice in whatever they were selling.
Thanked by:
So people can spend coins and have a shit load of unfulfilled requests still, and tSR gets infested with people spamming in order for them to request?
Because when I first joined Pixeltendo, it was to request, and I did just that.
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
Thanked by:
Coins had a different purpose aside from serving "requests" from what I remember. I wasn't around very long during that era though, so I really don't know how it was used.
Thanked by: