Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
What's a hardcore gamer?
Serious question. What makes a gamer "hardcore" and not "casual"?
Thanked by:
hardcore is someone who plays more competitively that plays every knick-knack-part of the game.

casual is someone who just plays a game to have fun. not being competitive

for example: person who plays pokemon, they train their pokemon's EVs breed for the right IVs and natures, do the calculations to dertermine the stats of a pokemon and strategize a moveset for them. thats a hardcore pokemon player.

casual pokemon player is just someone who just plays the game to beat up pokemon, beat the elite 4 dont give a shit or dont know what IVs/EVs are or what natures do, pretty much what we did in g/s/c before that shit was invented.

was i clear enough?
Thanked by:
(04-10-2009, 10:56 AM)Anubis Wrote: hardcore is someone who plays more competitively that plays every knick-knack-part of the game.

casual is someone who just plays a game to have fun. not being competitive

for example: person who plays pokemon, they train their pokemon's EVs breed for the right IVs and natures, do the calculations to dertermine the stats of a pokemon and strategize a moveset for them. thats a hardcore pokemon player.

casual pokemon player is just someone who just plays the game to beat up pokemon, beat the elite 4 dont give a shit or dont know what IVs/EVs are or what natures do, pretty much what we did in g/s/c before that shit was invented.

was i clear enough?

what about in between
pkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
Thanked by:
idk now probably youre just a "gamer"

these were stupid fan terms, i dont even know if im right. i dont use those terms anyway. to be honest i dont know why these words came to existance...it's the cancer thats killing the game industry.
Thanked by:
The terms "Casual" and "Hardcore" come up a lot this generation.
Thanked by:
A good example of casual gamers is by who owns shovelware Wii/DS products (Carnival Games? really?) and who buys the real games (MadWorld, No More Heroes)

but for the most part anubis nailed the head

hit the nail on the head

excuse me
Thanked by:
(04-10-2009, 11:10 AM)Osiris Wrote: A good example of casual gamers is by who owns shovelware Wii/DS products (Carnival Games? really?) and who buys the real games (MadWorld, No More Heroes)

I played No More Heroes and Okami but I also played Animal Crossing and Wii Sports. I enjoyed all four of those games a lot. What am I?
Thanked by:
gamer shawn

fuck those terms.
Thanked by:
Hardcore is a term made up by extremely distinguished gentlemen who think there's a difference between them playing Halo for 14 hours a week and Grandma's playing Wii fit 14 hours a week.
Thanked by:
i was just thinking about posting something to what bab said

its literally a stupid term to create a border between "oh hey this is a nice game to play sometimes" to "FUCK YEAH ITS GO TIME NIGGA YOU AND ME 48 HOURS IN THIS MUTHAFUCKIN MATCH"
Thanked by:
A woman with a wii-mote in her ass.
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
This question has as many answers as life.

It's just based off of personal opinion. HOWEVER, "hardcore" usually refers to playing a game to be paid, often at the expense of fun.
Still thinking of a new name.
Thanked by:
I believe there is such a thing as hardcore and casual games but not hardcore and casual gamers.
Thanked by:
there's no such thing as either.

just games and gamers
Thanked by:
The term was coined up to separate gamers like this:

Hardcore Gamers= People who hate the Wii.
Casual Gamers= People who like the Wii. Tongue

Thanked by: