Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
A Statue for a challenge in pixeljoint
So I made this statue for a challenge in pixeljoint about the Eastern Islan statue. I was hopin you guys couild C+C them and help me make them look awesome. Any kind of C+C is accepted aslong as is contrustive C+C.
[Image: Statue.png]
~~LOVE~~
~~SOLINK~~PK~~C2B~~KAIKIMI~~
[Image: Boggle_inside_a_futuristic_pod_by_Mabelma.png]

Have some time, check out my tumblr blog.
Thanked by:
Hey I'm going to try and do that to ^^
The black and low contrast shading doesn't look right. Either use only black to shade or give it up and use more grey/blues. You aren't taking in count volume very well.
I believe Moai statues have extremely big heads and extremely small bodies, and even hats. Use a ref and maybe draw a sketch to do this. The sketch could be loosely based on the ref (different angle, light source), but it will be there to prepare your pixelart (establish the lightsource, composition...).
[Image: x1aIZ2e.gif]
YOU HAVE TO FEEL WHAT YOU DRAW, FEEL
[Image: shrine.gif]

Thanked by:
So what you're saying is that it's body needs to be smaller right? I changed the pallete to match the challenge restriction.[Image: Statue-1.png] C+C some more I'll fix the body. When another person post I'll edit it and post it up. Here's the new one. I fixed the ears and took out the dithering.[Image: Statue-2.png]
~~LOVE~~

Thanked by:
=.= GOD, you still don't know how to shade???? after all this time that weve been trying to explain it to you ????
it isn't a flat object =.='

im not even going to try anymore
I know. I'll shade it accordinly to what you guys tough me. Check back in about ten more minutes.
~~LOVE~~

Thanked by:
Mabelma, I have noticed that the lightsource in some of your sprites comes from the top, your sprites would look better if it came from somewhere else. Seriously, how often is the sun perfectly over something? Also, the dark shade either needs to be lighter, or the light shades need to be darker. The new pallet doesn't look like a Easter Island statues pallete and the color change from Black to yellow (mustache and face) needs to be less dramatic. You left dithering on the nose.
If you are me, than who am I?
Thanked by:
(04-06-2009, 04:22 PM)nairenu Wrote: =.= GOD, you still don't know how to shade???? after all this time that weve been trying to explain it to you ????
it isn't a flat object =.='

im not even going to try anymore

Why not stop being an elitist prick and actually help the kid? I haven't seen you making anything mind blowing either so piss off and stop trying to act all high and mighty cuz guess what, you ain't!

Anyway, since I'm not a jackass, I'll actually try helping with my amazing edits!

[Image: mabelmaface.PNG]

I tried giving it depth etc etc. I can't explain but I hope the edit helps.
Thanked by:
Thanks Judith and Quizzle. I won't submit it anywhere but here's the new sprite I've worked on the shading. Here it is,[Image: moaiedit.png] I didn't shade the face but I shaded the body. I hope I did good on it.
~~LOVE~~

Thanked by:
Actually, you DID shade the face. Not only you shaded it, it looks much better than before.
Thanked by:
@prometheus i tried to help him, ALOT, go check some of his topics, i explained shading by doing it in steps, i probably did it 3 times, AND IM NOT TRYING TO ACT ALL HIGH AND MIGHTY, its just that i got pissed off that he didn't listen to the advice WE (me and some other people tried to help him alot, like goemar, who also gave up on helping him) gave him and this is about the first time i see you helping him =.=

go hate on some other planet
Thanked by:
The great Goemar give up? Never! I just gave up on his stupid one a month topic.

Now why the hell didn't you shade it like that the first time? Actually looks, pretty good. Though I thought they were a different shape than that... Unsure
[Image: randomimage.cgi]
Thanked by:
if you never give up then why did you give up on his one a month topic?

Your honor, there is a contradiction in that sentance XD joke joke

anywway, id get rid of all the highlights, if im correct, its made out of stone, not out of metal, or an other shining object =3
Thanked by:
I know it's made out of stone but mine is going to be a human moai. So it has highlights. Thanks Goemar I know you'll always be awesome. God of C+C to me. That sounded a bit gay didn't it?
~~LOVE~~

Thanked by:
A lot better
If you are me, than who am I?
Thanked by:
Mabelma as long as I get to stay the top guy it doesn't matter if it sounds gay or not...
[Image: randomimage.cgi]
Thanked by: