Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Team Yoshi (July 8)
[Image: teamyoshilogo.png]

QUESTION OF THE WHENEVER I FEEL LIKE
One more thing, can anyone guess what the colors of the Yoshi's in Team Yoshi are? (You will get a special cameo in the comic)
Winner: Pikmin Master
Answer: Blue, Green, Yellow, Pink, Black, and Brown.

In order to A. attract more members and B. keep current ones coming back more frequently, I've started a weekly-ish web comic. I hope you enjoy this series as the story unravels.

#001-The Incredible Inedible Egg
Holy crap, a Yoshi comic? Let's pray to God this gets past issue 2...
#002-Illuminating the Situation
More than the standard 4 frames, which explains the lateness. Hopefully this will slowly…*snicker*…illuminate…the mystery around the series… I’m funny, damnit.
#003-A BWAA! in the Night
Worst. Alarm Clock. Ever.
#004-Explosive Ex's
This plot development was probably thanks to a lot of alcohol. Also, Kaboom in memory of Billy Mays. Cry

Newest Issue:
[Image: teamyoshi004.png]
Quote:This plot development was probably thanks to a lot of alcohol. Also, Kaboom in memory of Billy Mays. Cry

Metal Mario is a simple short strip series that will occasionally appear with Team Yoshi. The story is simple: Mario's gone Metal and he can't change back. Watch him save the Mushroom Kingdom like never before.

Nessy
Bowser: Round 1
King Bob-Omb
Island
Invisible
Bowser: Round 2

Newest Issue:
[Image: metalmario005.png]

[Image: metalmario006.png]

Extras:
TYFN Exclusive: How Its Made
What E3 Should Have Been

Questions/Comments?
Got one. Smile
***Read-Team Yoshi-***
Thanked by:
a long time ago i was a yoshi

being the inane yoshi maniac i used to be i cannot find anything vaguely humorous about this comic
but they made a giant egg and spent the entire comic saying essentially nothing

my suggestion: see if you can find a crayon brush for photoshop, so the backgrounds feel yoshi-perfect (i.e. yoshi's island) but other than that, this comic looks damn nice

i'm sure the next comic will be getting somewhere into the plot so

gj o/
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by:
Can't say much about it. it looks nice, but take Kosheh's idea for coloring it would be worth some consideration.
Thanked by:
Haha, yeah, I was gonna stick a disclaimer but I figure that wouldn't look good for the first post, but now I can say it.

This one was really more to try out the style more than anything else. But I do like it and I wanna stick with it. I mean, the egg does play a role, but its explained better in the next ones. I have big plans for this comic, the style is sort of a strip comic with a continous plot and a few deviations, its an adventure/comedy/tads of drama. I'm actually going to build the characters.

My goal was "not another Yoshi comic"

but thanks for the c+c
Got one. Smile
***Read-Team Yoshi-***
Thanked by:
By the way, is this in anyway gonna involve Team Fortress....?
Thanked by:
"YOUR wasting your time!"
Improve your grammar.
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
(04-06-2009, 09:51 AM)Geo the Fox Wrote: By the way, is this in anyway gonna involve Team Fortress....?

Haha, well the comic is gonna have lots of video game references in general, but as of now, the only Team Fortress ref is that the thing coming out of the yoshi egg is a sentry gun. Tongue

Oh, and thanks, Vipershark, didn't catch that one. I'll make sure to change it. o:
Got one. Smile
***Read-Team Yoshi-***
Thanked by:
Could be good, but I don't know. Then again, no one listens to the new guy.
I can make games, movies, sprites, and more and I'm willing to help, unless the sprites you need are above nes style. I'm not the best.Tongue
Thanked by:
New issue. It's actually a little side comic that occasionally shows up with the series, Metal Mario. New Team Yoshi'll be done by Wednsday, I swear, it's a biggun, 12 frames.
Got one. Smile
***Read-Team Yoshi-***
Thanked by:
I don't ge- OH!

haha
made me smile
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
I wouldnt know if it was good, Koshehs idea could be good Otherwise. You shouldnt ask me about it Very Sad
(even though you didnt (that was sneaky eh?) Cute)
Thanked by:
Quote:One more thing, can anyone guess what the colors of the Yoshi's in Team Yoshi are? (You will get a special cameo in the comic)
first, we have to know how many yoshis are on team yoshi.

i'm guessing 5
green, pink, light blue, yellow and black

green because he's the protagonist [he'll probably be scout or soldier?]
black will probably be the demoman (biggest egg explosions, and he's black) or the heavy (because black yoshi and white were the best two in Yoshi's Story)
pink will be the medic
light blue is the engineer
yellow will probably be the spy [due to class popularity]?

supporting characters will include red, dark blue, and white

However you're probably going with 8 characters (because 16 player games on XBOX?) - Light Blue, Blue, Red, Yellow, Green, Pink, Black, and White. If you don't feel like yoshi godmods swap the last two out with purple and orange.

i don't even know TF2 and i'm naming all these classes for yoshis fuck
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by:
^^^^ basically just guessed every color

For some reason, i think Blue, Green, Pink, Black, and Yellow.
Thanked by:
Well I like the illustrations though I find it kinda weird to see Yoshis with mechanical skills. Tongue

Thanked by:
New one up, phew. Took me so long to make. Thanks for waiting guys, I shan't not disappoint. Wink
Got one. Smile
***Read-Team Yoshi-***
Thanked by: