Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Ripping method query.
Hello fellows. Currently I have been trying (unsuccessfully) to rip from the infamous game 'I wanna be The Guy'. Specifically, Kid, and The Guy himself first form. Unfortunately I have neither the skills or the level of patience it takes to progress through this game at all. The only reason I want to do this is as a surprise to my girlfriend who is ridiculously good at it and has beaten the game numerous times. She's a major fan of it and I want to give her the sprites of The Guy for Easter. The problem is, I have no way to obtain them. I've searched tirelessly for a way to convert the game to MFA format for easy ripping in Multimedia Fusion, but to no avail. I was hoping someone here could suggest a method of conversion or ripping that does not require me to play this mind-blowingly sadistic game, or will have me play it as little as possible. I'm not asking for someone else to rip these for me, I just wish to know a method by which I can rip them myself. After all it's better to do the job oneself than to give someone else's work as a gift. However if someone DOES wish to rip them for me I won't have much of a problem with it as long as it gets done properly.

As for the sprites of The Kid, I managed to get them simply by messing around on the first screen and using animget.

Anyway, I'm sure one of the many brilliant minds here can figure something out, as I've hit a rut that I'm apparently not smart enough to get out of.
Thanked by: