Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Collab spriter for FROSTFIRE
You all may know of my game project I'm working on, well I'm looking for a spriter to collab with on the project to bring some new ideas to the project. I got the idea after seeing Shawn and Mozz's collab. I think it would be good to have another spriter to work with to improve upon and exchange ideas with.

I don't want my inbox or this topic flooded with requests from people who are new to spriting.I'm looking to find someone with around the same number of years spriting as myself or more. If you haven't been spriting for at least 2-3 years don't bother messaging me.

For those of you still interested enough, post at least 3 examples of characters made in the frostfire style to your best ability and I'll consider you and contact you. Only Original characters though.

Here's my guideline sheet for reference.
[Image: tutorialforprojectfrostfire.png]

Something to keep in mind though, this is not a guide to the style. It's just a general guideline. You can experement with different eyes, body shapes, etc. It will probably help you to experiment with the style just so I can see some creativeness in your work.

Here's an example of a character in the style, but not constrained by it.
[Image: goatguy-1.png]

Good luck to you all, I hope to find someone who can bring a breathe of fresh air and ideas to my project.
[Image: IGBanner.png]
Thanked by:
You already know my skills on your style so is there a way I could help you? That's mostly my character down there so I think he counts as an example of my skills.
~~LOVE~~
~~SOLINK~~PK~~C2B~~KAIKIMI~~
[Image: Boggle_inside_a_futuristic_pod_by_Mabelma.png]

Have some time, check out my tumblr blog.
Thanked by:
No, you'll have to make examples like everyone else.
Thanked by:
Well at least that one count right? It's an edit of mine. I'll make two more later.
~~LOVE~~

Thanked by:
It doesn't count. I WANT NEW WORK, and if you are this stingy in making new works in the style, you're probably not the best choice when looking for a collaborator. I also stated I wanted people with at least 2-3 years experience in spriting in the first post.
Thanked by:
Yeah but I think I'm good in the style. I'm making a new sprite so wait a bit more. Please take the one in my avatar as an example.
~~LOVE~~

Thanked by:
Your not that great in the style dood...
But well, we'll see what you have to show. And it isn't just an "edit" of yours... at all.
[Image: randomimage.cgi]
Thanked by:
I can try but I'm incredibly lazy.

I have good ideas though.

Also I've been spiriting for 4 years. 5 in November.

(03-22-2009, 06:13 PM)Mabelma Wrote: Please take the one in my avatar as an example.

Stop Whining. He want new work. If you can't get unlazy enough to make three more sprites, then don't try.
Thanked by:
I finished my second dude. Hope you like it and Goemar it is an edit of mine. I don't want to point it out but Kaikimi knows the dude is mostly mine.[Image: NiceHa.png]
~~LOVE~~

Thanked by:
(03-23-2009, 09:40 AM)Mabelma Wrote: I don't want to point it out but Kaikimi knows the dude is mostly mine.
Did you ever even bother to compare the two sprites? They have similaritys design-wise, but they're totally different sprites.
Thanked by:
Do you want me to compare? I'll make a Similarities and differents thing to prove it's an edit of mine. If you check my 1 month project thing you'll see it look more better. I'll make it just for you check it out in about 10 mor minutes.

Thanked by:
Oh my god you are dumb as fuck

It is not and edit for your sprite. It is much better than your sprite. Your sprites, including the new one, don't really follow the guidelines.

Really. Oh my god what is it with you? One step forward then ten fucking steps back. I've lost ALL hope in seeing improvements in you.
Thanked by: Goemar, Goemar
It is an edit just ask Kaikimi he knows it. Is my new sprite really that bad? What's wrong with it?
~~LOVE~~

Thanked by:
"Same design on the scarf."

You have just reached a new level of ignorance

All of the scarves have the same design

He just used yours as a reference. Not an edit. He even said so.

Your new sprite doesn't really follow the guidelines.
Thanked by:
Why it's 3/4, as a scarf it's based on an animal( I don't know which one) has eyes a nose and hair. Big hands pointy ears and legs and body.
~~LOVE~~

Thanked by: