Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
presto
[Image: mwzmgh.jpg]

Some kind of creepo jester guy and a guard.
c+c or etc.

newer
(april 15)

[Image: 2lus11t.png]
pkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
Thanked by:
I like the character concepts.
Why so many colours and why the black outline? I think you could AA this and make both characters a bit more atmospheric, take a more interesting palette, and give a better idea of volume. I'll send you an edit via PM if requested.
[Image: x1aIZ2e.gif]
YOU HAVE TO FEEL WHAT YOU DRAW, FEEL
[Image: shrine.gif]

Thanked by:
I happen to like black outlines, I don't think I used too many colours, and I do think I AA'd. I'd like to see your idea of a better pallete, though.
Thanked by:
Um... he said you should AA it... i think;
Sorry for my mistakes on english, people..... I am Brazilian, and to worsen that... i learnt english playing Final Fantasy and asking my mother.

EDIT: Now, 4 years have passed, and I`m an english teacher. Heart
Thanked by:
Um... I did AA it... I know;
Thanked by:
... at least AA the outline. Create a lightsource. What I mean is adding more primary colours to your colour ramp, for example using purple as a dark shade, reds for this, greens for that... And more contrast.
[Image: noobafx.png]

Thanked by:
I don't like AAing outside of the outline or sel-out. I'll ad more contrast to the armour, though, and I suppose I could hue shift more.
Thanked by:
I slightly exagerated the AA, but do note that the AA around the mouth is discreet and effective. Don't forget the light source.

Thanked by:
[Image: 2f0as1h.png]

Update.
Comments would be appreciated.
Thanked by:
If that's an armor, it should have white (or a very light color) highlights. The jester thing looks good, but his colors don't look interesting.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by:
[Image: n62u51.png]
So I redesigned the armour

I guess I'll look into jester guys colours.
Thanked by:
I'd say change colors and fix the light source, get a very bright color for the highlights.
Thanked by:
Your lightsource is a bit all over the place, which is confusing for such strong highlights, and the colours are still dull. I think the black outline should only be around the characters, and not necessarily inside and along inner borders. I do think you should use a tiny bit of selout in some places, or make the lines not as jagged.

Thanked by:
A bit all over the place? The light is clearly coming from the top left. what's wrong with my light source?
Sel out sucks balls (2 balls)

[Image: 331natk.png]

I prefer black inside the sprite, but idk.
Thanked by:
The highlight on the knight's chestplate isn't right, it shouldn't be a point, nor as far right, but something longer and that follows the shape of the armour (considering the location of the lightsource). And it seems like the light comes from on top, slightly behind the character, whereas you state it was from the top left. The shading on the knight's face should be more contrasted and more visible.
For now, I prefer the middle knight. The stance is a bit boring (he looks constipated), you could go for something like a defensive or offensive stance, or even a salute, or something that emphasises more on his imposing muscular build.
The creepo jester guy's stance is a awkward (stickman stance, really).

Thanked by: