Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
'Tales of' Style Final Fantasy Characters
I just started making customs here, and I wanted to show a small project of custom Final Fantasy characters, starting with Rydia (FFIV) because she's my favorite. For people who read the other FF tread, I've put in more features in it. Up next would be the protagonist Cecil.

Attached Files
.bmp   Tales Style Rydia.bmp (Size: 24.49 KB / Downloads: 356)
Customs rule!!!
Thanked by:
One basic color, no shading? Really? Any other than that, I don'0t see much trouble. And also, I lol'd at the swearing.
I lol'd at how much Diogaluse Gigahmeh fails. Really. And little smiley too: Tongue
Thanked by:
There is shading, but there's ABSOLUTELY no contrast in the shades so it all looks like a big sloppy mess.
Thanked by:
I feel sort of insulted that you call this 'Tales of' style. This is not any 'Tales' style I've ever seen nor want to ever see. The only sprite styles for Tales are:

-Phantasia/Destiny PSX
-and Eternia/ND3

This is clearly none of those.
Thanked by:
(03-11-2009, 09:27 PM)Angelglory Wrote: I feel sort of insulted that you call this 'Tales of' style. This is not any 'Tales' style I've ever seen nor want to ever see. The only sprite styles for Tales are:

-Phantasia/Destiny PSX
-and Eternia/ND3

This is clearly none of those.

Why would you feel insulted? You didn't create the style.

And the sprite needs difference in shading, how are we suppose to know there's any if we can't see it? Pickup on the contrast and you'll work wonders.
Thanked by:
Aside from the (obvious) already stated shading problems, her line art is pretty bad, and it doesn't seem consistent with other "Tales of" sprites I've ever seen. Seriously, do you really believe hair can just stand in the air like that? o_O
Thanked by:
@Anubis: Angelglory ripped most of the ND3 sprites, and created a whole bunch of Hi quality ones to =.= its his fault i started spritin XD

@angelglory: maybe he did it in nakiri dungeon 1 style, a failed 8bit

my C+C is: check the style you wanna copy first, howmany colours things have, how big things are, how the shading is , ECT ECT

look up some tutorials
Thanked by:
@Anubis: I said I felt insulted because I used to sprite in Eternia/ND3 all the time.

@nainer: I didn't rip a lot from ND3, just a few things.
Thanked by:
Well... that's a lot of complaints. I'm sorta new at spriting, and the only tales game I played was Phantasia (but I saw some screenshots from Eternia and Destiny). I guess I got so obsessed with the project I forgot what the style/character looked like. It's going to be a while before I update.
Customs rule!!!
Thanked by:
I've pretty much started from scratch now. I've just finished the standard pose and put Mint next to her for comparishion. I took notes from you're comments and changed her, especally in shading/colors and hair.

Attached Files Image(s)

Customs rule!!!
Thanked by:
You should give a more detailed pose for the hair, it can't be hanging there.
I lol'd at how much Diogaluse Gigahmeh fails. Really. And little smiley too: Tongue
Thanked by:
No, it's still poor. This style has big HEADS, not big HAIR. And about that, hair isn't dithered (Mint's hat is dithered to give that fluffy effect, which the hair lacks). There isn't enough contrast, and Rydia's feet aren't big enough.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by:
Clearly you've never played FFIV, Seth.

The sprite isn't in ToP style. Try using the actual game palette, and try adjusting Rydia's proportions to match those of Mint's, for example.
[Image: 10f6z6b.png] [Image: 10f6z6b.png] [Image: 10f6z6b.png]
Thanked by:
I have, Bast ¬¬.
Thanked by:
...Wow, hostile much? It's called sarcasm. >______>; That's pretty much what Rydia's hair actually does, except for a tiny flick up at the ends.
[Image: 10f6z6b.png] [Image: 10f6z6b.png] [Image: 10f6z6b.png]
Thanked by: