Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Spamhaul has a trojan/malware virus
I just got the pop up for a "system scan," and it only appears when I'm in the spamhaul.

Just a heads up.

EDIT: It's one of the ads being advertised on the top of the forum. What the fuck.
Thanked by:
What does the ad show? Adult themes, etc?
Thanked by:
No, it's a popup for a scam "virus scan" that's actually a trojan that infects your system when you download it.
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
love krew did it : - O
Thanked by:
(02-21-2009, 06:36 PM)Vipershark Wrote: No, it's a popup for a scam "virus scan" that's actually a trojan that infects your system when you download it.
If it's a popup, can you get the URL of the page so Dazz can report that to the ad network?

Ads are shown depending on the viewer's country, so we don't see the same ads.
Thanked by:
(02-21-2009, 06:36 PM)Vipershark Wrote: No, it's a popup for a scam "virus scan" that's actually a trojan that infects your system when you download it.
That's the one.

Just be cautious for now on, if you get it print screen it and get the url for the ad showing.
Thanked by:
Even though, can't just ads be removed from the boards, and keep the ones on the site instead. Ads don't really generate revenue.
Thanked by:
Ads are for extremely distinguished gentlemen.

Get rid of them.
Thanked by:
Wasn't that popup called "Antivirus 2009" by any chance?
I reported a similar incident not long ago.
Thanked by:
(02-22-2009, 01:11 AM)Maneko Wrote: Wasn't that popup called "Antivirus 2009" by any chance?
I reported a similar incident not long ago.
That's the one. I did a system scan wondering if maybe it was just my PC being fucked up but now I know for sure something is doing it on this forum.
Thanked by:
Something or someone?
Thanked by:
Definitely something.
Thanked by:
Screenshot with url
Thanked by:
(02-21-2009, 08:41 PM)link1232 Wrote: Ads don't really generate revenue.

...Are you stupid, or something? Aside from donations, the ads are the only way tSR gets any revenue. Do you want Dazz paying out of his own pocket?
[Image: 10f6z6b.png] [Image: 10f6z6b.png] [Image: 10f6z6b.png]
Thanked by:
I cant get onto the forum now. I keep getting this error and every 2 pages I go onto it pops up with this message and won't let me on. It was a miracle that I even got into a thread.

[Image: errorubh.png]
Character Reference: 1 2
Love: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Thanked by: