Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
List your expectations/hopes for "Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games"!
Okay, everyone - I've been posting on other forums my expectations for "Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games". This is what I'm hoping will occur for the follow-up... prepare for a long read:

(1) This one is definitely to Sega - Like last game, make sure that BOTH Teams Mario and Sonic are represented well in regards to who will make the cut. If they develop them well, then our chances of representing them in the game itself is better. They did a somewhat good job in M.S.O.G., but could have been better. And yes, I mean from beginning to end.

(2) Cut out the mini-games - To me, that was some points off for BOTH versions. Even if educating folks about the Olympic history is fine and all, we don't need unnecessary mini-games to unlock new stuff.

(3) For gosh sakes, add in a "Music Room" this time around for the ENTIRE musical score for this game! o_O That was my biggest pet peeve -- because what did M.S.O.G. get in terms of Music Room treatment? None. (barring the "nostalgia tracks" heard in the gallery mode for M.S.O.G.)

(4) Controls - Even though the target gameplay is with the Wii Remote/Nunchuck and the Balance Board (home console version), make sure that when we do play this game, don't make us look stupid while doing it (I've seen too many cases of this in not just this game, but others as well).

That's all I have for now; if any more come to mind, I'll place it here. But for now, let's hear yours. Later, all!
Thanked by:
The first one was meh... Not that good. It was okay if you had a couple of your friends over.

Someday I hope they do something better with Mario and Sonic.

As for this game, they said there would be new characters. I'm guessing DK, and Big will be new additions for Power.

Thanked by:
Hi Merit. It's DFB.

Anyways...

1. Add more characters. Preferably Rosalina and DK(just because it's DK). For Sonic, I don't see why Rouge didn't make the cut last time =/

2. Organize the event selection. The last one was pathetic. You select Archery, and there's one event... Just change it up a bit.

3. REMIX THE VAULT MUSIC FROM THE LAST GAME ZOMG Very Sad
Thanked by:
make it not a huge piece of shit
[Image: glau.gif]
Thanked by: Goemar, Goemar
(02-19-2009, 09:34 PM)Bluenumel Wrote: Hi Merit. It's DFB.

Anyways...

1. Add more characters. Preferably Rosalina and DK(just because it's DK). For Sonic, I don't see why Rouge didn't make the cut last time =/

2. Organize the event selection. The last one was pathetic. You select Archery, and there's one event... Just change it up a bit.

3. REMIX THE VAULT MUSIC FROM THE LAST GAME ZOMG Very Sad

(1) A blog on someone site DID say that "new challengers are approaching".

(2) I doubt there were any "alternate events" in the real Olympics in regards to Archery.

(3) Not sure about this one.
Thanked by:
Since there is snowboarding, I expect several well thought-out courses with ample room for both speed and trickery, with a complete stunt system.

If not, this game sucks. That is all.
Thanked by:
(02-19-2009, 09:14 PM)koopaul Wrote: The first one was meh... Not that good. It was okay if you had a couple of your friends over.

As for this game, they said there would be new characters. I'm guessing DK, and Big will be new additions for Power.

I'm a bit iffy on DK though. How in the world would Nintendo and Sega consider DK to make the cut in the Winter Olympic Games here...?
Thanked by:
Mario Party, Mario Tennis and any other Mario non-canon game would like to have a word with you.
Thanked by:
They should make a hockey mini game where you can fight each other with the clubs. Knocking the puck at an opponent does extra damage.
Thanked by:
I don't see how this can become anything more than shovel-ware.
[Image: randomimage.cgi]
Thanked by:
(02-22-2009, 08:59 PM)Goemar Wrote: I don't see how this can become anything more than shovel-ware.

This doesn't look like "shovel-ware" to me; believe me, I've seen worse. Look at those in the bargin bin or on other shelves where they're priced at $19.99 and below.
Thanked by:
I didn't realise the franchise had such a protective fan-base fan.
[Image: randomimage.cgi]
Thanked by:
(02-22-2009, 08:59 PM)Goemar Wrote: I don't see how this can become anything more than shovel-ware.

Protip: Games with high production values aren't Shovelware, even if you don't like the game.

You could at least use the terminology properly.
Thanked by:
Fool me once and steal my money, shame on you.

Fool me twice and steal my mind, shame on me.

I bought the first one, and dropped the game after an hour of play. I won't make that same mistake again.
Thanked by:
(02-19-2009, 09:14 PM)koopaul Wrote: The first one was meh... Not that good. It was okay if you had a couple of your friends over.

Either Big or Storm the Albatross (or will there be 4 extra characters in each skill so there can be both)
LOL[/quote]
Thanked by: