Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sakurai's at it again!
Nintendo recently got Sakurai to work on a new project for them.

No, it's not Smash Bros. but you'll be happy to know it's going to be for the hardcore.

"We want to make something that will be wanted even by the more hardcore game players, and something that offers new ideas."

As you know Sakurai left Nintendo for his own company Sora. Well Nintendo's got him back yet again for something new, and something brilliant.

Here's the whole scoop!

Thanked by:
(02-18-2009, 11:00 PM)koopaul Wrote: "We want to make something that will be wanted even by the more hardcore game players, and something that offers new ideas."

reggie said the same thing about animal crossing at E3 2008

wasn't E3 a giant letdown, koopaul?

sakurai's no kojima.
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by:
I don't think Reggie is the same person as Sakurai.

Thanked by:
(02-18-2009, 11:22 PM)Kosheh Wrote: sakurai's no kojima.

I lol'd.

Kojima openly admits to just stealing ideas from Hollywood films, and anything else he likes the look of.
Thanked by:
No.

Fuck you, Sakurai.

You trolled me too many times with Brawl.

Stop saying shit like "wanted even by the more hardcore game players and then adding "that offers new ideas."

Fuck you, man. I'm not falling for it this time.

Douche.

;~;
Thanked by:
He says it will be wanted even by the hardcore gamers. In that context, it sounds like he's saying it's something that everyone will want, including the hardcore gamers. So I think it'll be something anyone can pick up and play casually, but it will attempt to satisfy the needs of hardcore gamers. Like a franchise getting another game. My guess is either Kirby or Zelda for the Wii.
Thanked by:
This is great. I thought I lost all hope in Nintendo. Now that I know its a game a HARDCORE Nintendo fan will like, there's hope buuuuut I'm not completely sure.

Thanked by:
All the 'HURR I'M SO HARDCORE GAMER' people will over-hype this, pretending it'll be that imaginary 'perfect game' that only existed when they were too young to know any better (then proceed to scream and moan when it's not); and everyone else will just enjoy a fun game from Sakurai.

I'm calling it.
Thanked by:
Super Nintendo Air Ride.

I called it first.
I'll think of something to add later then.
Thanked by:
I don't understand you guys... Just shallow? I used to think the casual people were annoying, now I'm starting to feel the same about "hardcore" gamers.

I like the games Sakurai made, and if they're not "hardcore" enough for you then that's too bad, because your missing out.

Thanked by:
Protip Koopaul: It's the 'hardcore' that are killing gaming; continually dissatisfied with the games that are produced; going so far as to pirate games they play, not wanting to 'support companies that produce bad games'.

'Casual' games are made because those games are actually bought by people. That's been true since the last generation.
Thanked by: Koopaul, Koopaul
Hm-hm. That makes sense.

Well, I'm looking forward to this game. He never disappointed me.

Thanked by:
Don't forget this new game is not a sequel. Sakurai originally left Nintendo because he got sick of always making sequels (namely for Kirby and Smash). So don't expect Sakurai to do a standard Nintendo franchise game. This game will be a new IP that Iwata said that Nintendo couldn't do by themselves.

Again this is not a new entry to existing Nintendo franchises. This is a completely new, never before seen entry that could give rise to a new franchise if successful.
Ngamer01's Portal - Updates whenever.
Thanked by:
All the more to be excited about! It's a whole new IP.

Thanked by:
nintendo doesnt make hardcore games
Thanked by: