Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
The General Zelda thread
One had to be made.

We discuss all things or anything related to the Zelda franchise.

I've been meaning to replay Paper Mario and Ocarina of time for the 100th time lately, so I've been on a kick again with the franchise.
Thanked by:
It's safe to say that the original Legend of Zelda for the NES was easily the best one. Despite being quite lacking in cinematics and dialogue, it offered free roaming and exploring, which was pretty high tier for NES games in the day.

That, and I can just jump right in and fuck around with it. Go to the fifth dungeon first, even if I don't have the right tools and armor.

I also liked the N64 titles, Zelda 2, and Wind Waker, but I wasn't really that impressed with the SNES Link to the Past.

And why isn't there a Wii/DS Four Swords already god damn it.
Thanked by:
majora's mask is the best and if you disagree you should stop playing video games.
Thanked by:
Oot is always going to be my favorite

I love the shit out of it and everything about it
Thanked by:
(02-16-2009, 12:15 AM)Tyvonnosaurus Rex Wrote: majora's mask is the best and if you disagree you should stop playing video games.

Get three people, four game boy advances, a few of those Gameboy-Gamecube Cords, and Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventure.

It's the most expensive recipe for the best Zelda game ever.
Thanked by:
I wonder how Ganondorf is going to manage to get out of the situation he's in after Wind Waker. That was like the most epic defeat in Zelda history...

Thanked by:
(02-16-2009, 01:55 AM)koopaul Wrote: I wonder how Ganondorf is going to manage to get out of the situation he's in after Wind Waker. That was like the most epic defeat in Zelda history...

Aside from being at the bottom of the ocean, he was turned to stone and has a sword that banishes evil lodged into his head. There's no way he can escape from that, unless he's reincarnated or some stupid crap.
Thanked by:
There's a huge theory saying all the Zelda games are basic retelling's of the same story. Some bullshit about Sages writing the "Legends of Zelda" on scrolls because they're honestly bored. It can be found in the Oot strategy guide. I'm not shitting you.

Link goes to save Zelda, fights Ganon, and gets the Triforce.

Almost every game has been a perfect example of this in some new way or twist.

Basically the games are fables. They never really happen in Hyrule, so we're led to believe what Hyrule is through these parables and stories (the games).
Thanked by:
(02-16-2009, 01:58 AM)OSM Wrote: Link goes to save Zelda, fights Ganon, and gets the Triforce.

Ganon isn't the villain in Majora's Mask, both Oracle games, Link's Awakening, Four Swords, FSA, Minish Cap, Phantom Hourglass or Adventure of Link.

That's like, what? More than half the games?
Thanked by:
Ganon/Majora still represented an evil. I suppose it counts.

Or maybe because it's a franchise and Link is an icon now.
Thanked by:
majora's mask takes place in termina anyway
Thanked by:
Gameboy Colour games were my favourites.
Also Tingle's was pretty awesome.
But yeah, they were actually all really good. The only Zelda games I didn't like were the CD-i ones, for obvious reasons.
Also, I never played it, but wtf @ crossbow training.
[Image: ioncesawyouholleringint.jpg]
Thanked by:
Ocarina of Time is seriously my favourite game ever.
Partially that's nostalgia but mostly it's because it's fucking amazing.

Fuck
I want to play it right now and can't

I need to get an N64 controller adapter for this computer so I can emulate it
:c

This genuinely upsets me and I hate you all for reminding me about it

And yes
that's really pathetic and loserish and I don't give a fuckkkk
Thanked by:
Wind Waker takes place above Hyrule, right? Well I'd like to see what islands are above Termina. Have a new game where WW Link sails around and finds masks. Don't have the moon falling again, but keep the time limit and give some sort of new explanation. Like the sun is getting closer, which would heat up Termina and dry up the ocean or something.
Thanked by:
(02-16-2009, 02:37 AM)Tyvonnosaurus Rex Wrote: majora's mask takes place in termina anyway

The whole land is a mirror of Hyrule.

But yea, origional Zelda is no where near the best. Majoras Mask easily has the best combination of depth and gameplay in the series. My favorite is Wind Waker because of the overall atmosphere and style of the game. Also, whoever says Wind Waker's gameplay is shit hasn't played the game.