Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Princess Shroob
[Image: princessshroobmg6.png] This is the first sprite. It's not complete as it still needs the crown and arms. What do you guys think?
[Image: 72f0c1397333.png]
Thanked by:
Her head looks too big and her mouth looks wierd. The blue is too light for the spots...
[Image: tsrsig1wq6.png]
Thanked by:
The colors dont go well together, the purple is too bright and the blue doesn't match and the shading on the dress doesn't make any sense.
Thanked by:
Yes, indeed. It's better not to custom. Just rip the original sprites instead.
~ Returned from the brink ~

My submissions - My other sheets
Thanked by:
Don't you think he... yanno. Actually wanted it in M&L1 style for his own purposes? I mean, I could be wrong. No one really does "devamps" and no one really LIKES M&L style anymore, right?
Thanked by:
I do. Boo Mansion does. I actually prefer using M&L sprites over any other style, so a lot of custom work is needed in order to accommodate (most) every game with that style.

Thanked by:
Miles07 Wrote:Yes, indeed. It's better not to custom. Just rip the original sprites instead.

Well if we all did that than we would all be limited to fan games and styles that have already been made, I completely disagree with you. also there wouldn't be the original game to rip, because NOBODY did customs and there wouldn't be any games because nobody tried to make the graphics.
Thanked by:
Geo the Fox Wrote:and no one really LIKES M&L style anymore, right?

No... What people don't like is how so many people make sprites that are nothing like M&L sstyle and go around claiming it is. If you know what your doing it's a funn style full of color and cartoonish appeal, but most people wing it thinking it is an easy style.

(no, that wasn't refering to the topic starter, and yes, I know 'm not good at M&L style.)
Thanked by:
Shyguy Grey Wrote:
Geo the Fox Wrote:and no one really LIKES M&L style anymore, right?

No... What people don't like is how so many people make sprites that are nothing like M&L sstyle and go around claiming it is. If you know what your doing it's a funn style full of color and cartoonish appeal, but most people wing it thinking it is an easy style.

(no, that wasn't refering to the topic starter, and yes, I know 'm not good at M&L style.)

Sarcasm. That is all.
Thanked by:
Geo the Fox Wrote:Don't you think he... yanno. Actually wanted it in M&L1 style for his own purposes? I mean, I could be wrong. No one really does "devamps" and no one really LIKES M&L style anymore, right?

Yes I'm planning on having her appear in my comic (See My Sig).
And here is the first complete sprite [Image: princessshroobiu8.png]
Thanked by:
That's good, I like it.
[Image: realsignatureyf5.png]
Yoshi Bros!!
Thanked by:
She doesn't have blue on her head. Its white, isn't it??
[Image: tsrsig1wq6.png]
Thanked by:
tomster785 Wrote:
Miles07 Wrote:Yes, indeed. It's better not to custom. Just rip the original sprites instead.

Well if we all did that than we would all be limited to fan games and styles that have already been made, I completely disagree with you. also there wouldn't be the original game to rip, because NOBODY did customs and there wouldn't be any games because nobody tried to make the graphics.

I meant Gamermaster should stay away from custom spriting. There are others that are pros at doing this (Ray... ahem), but then there are those who... well, we would be better off if they had never sprited at all.

As for the blue, that last shading is okay enough. The blue makes the "white" area blend a bit more into the rest of the sprite, making it a "dark white" as opposed to the pure white of the normal Toads.

Thanked by:
thanks.

Elebit Wrote:She doesn't have blue on her head. Its white, isn't it??
No it's blue, I've played through the game about 80 times.
Thanked by:
The purple should be darker. Other than that, the Blue looks good compared to the ripped sprites.
Still thinking of a new name.
Thanked by: