Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Budokai 1 (Ripping Fighting Sounds)
Hey everyone! I hope I am not posting something that has been answered before :p

I specialize in redubbing Dragon Ball games into the European Portuguese dub (I have done the pre-rendered cutscenes in Kakarot, and the entirety of Revenge of King Piccolo). My latest project consists of doing the same to Budokai 1. The process isn't entirely new to me, and by accessing adx_us.afs, I've managed to dub every cutscene of the first arc, as well as the Opening soundtrack.

However, I've come across a small issue. adx_us seems to be missing a lot of sounds, such as some in-game fighting sounds such as Goku's grunts, or his basic "Kamehameha" line (I can find the ultimate attack version, but not the regular version). Other sounds in the cutscenes are also missing (for example, when the narrator is speaking in the first cutscene, Bulma's background dialogue doesn't seem to be found.

This made me believe that, perhaps, these sounds could find themselves in the data_us.afs file, however going into it gives me a bunch of file extensions I have never heard of. I would like to know if anyone has found these missing files, and could direct me into them. I would truly appreciate it! 

Thanks in advance!
Thanked by: