Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
need help for KoeiTecmo - Nioh & Nioh2 related mod
Greetings!

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but it's worth a shot, since there seems to be a lot of very knowledgeable people around here, with all kinds of proficencies.

I had the idea to attempt making a Nioh1/2 related gameplay mod for a while, but from what I tried, it can't be done properly with CheatEngine... it's very janky this way.
The more reasonable way to make it is to modify game files, I imagine.

Here's the gist of the idea: adding some of the cool skill/moves that the enemies/NPC have to the player's pool of skills (think of Raiko or Ren Hayabusa moves being performed by the player, basically)

From what I know, the skeletons & animations should be compatible, at least between humanoid NPCs and the player's skeletons.

The next thing I know, is that NPC's skills animations are structured in specific .datatables files, these controlling the values for all kinds of things, like damage, hitbox, stamina consumption, recovery frames, etc...

Each NPC should have a few .datatable files, like:
"action data"
"skill data"
and more...

The player has the same type of .datatable files, for each weapon, and a few more "general" ones, controlling all the possible animations.

The way this kind of mod would be made is to take the proper data pointing to NPC skills and add it to the player's .datatable files,
basically transferring from one's pool to the other's.

My question is, are there tools to decompile KoeiTecmo game files, more specifically Nioh1/2?
If you know of any, can you please point me in their direction?
And since I'm not very experienced with this stuff, if let's say I get to the proper files and edit them, how can I "update" my changes for the game? Recompiling files?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
I need a point to start, at least... maybe we'll figure it out by the end of it!

To reiterate, I am not interested in getting the animation files themselves, but only these .datatables that control/point to the animations and their properties.
Thanked by: