Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Princess Peach Showtime Pak File
Does anyone know how to rip a PJ037-Switch.pak? I’ve tried using QuickBMS, Zip 7, and Pakscape but none of them worked.
Thanked by:
(03-22-2024, 09:14 AM)Disneycalicocat23 Wrote: Does anyone know how to rip a PJ037-Switch.pak? I’ve tried using QuickBMS, Zip 7, and Pakscape but none of them worked.

Princess Peach: Showtime! uses Unreal Engine, you'll want to use UE Viewer (uModel) to extract the game's contents. The .pak is encrypted and requires an AES key to extract the contents; you'll need to obtain the AES key on your own. Feel free to reply if you have other questions!

DJ~
Yo, I'm DJ_Fox11! A passionate model ripper that's also a DJing fox!

Currently ripping from: Super Mario Odyssey, Super Mario RPG (Switch), Mario vs. Donkey Kong
Thanked by: Disneycalicocat23
(03-22-2024, 06:49 PM)DJ_Fox11 Wrote:
(03-22-2024, 09:14 AM)Disneycalicocat23 Wrote: Does anyone know how to rip a PJ037-Switch.pak? I’ve tried using QuickBMS, Zip 7, and Pakscape but none of them worked.

Princess Peach: Showtime! uses Unreal Engine, you'll want to use UE Viewer (uModel) to extract the game's contents. The .pak is encrypted and requires an AES key to extract the contents; you'll need to obtain the AES key on your own. Feel free to reply if you have other questions!

DJ~
Ok the UE Viewer I need but I’m not sure where to find a AES key.
Thanked by:
go to {HYPERLINK BLOCKED} then search this: Princess Peach: Showtime (demo)

Uses UE 4.27

FModel works slightly better than Umodel because of the mesh morphs.
Thanked by:
(03-22-2024, 07:53 PM)Disneycalicocat23 Wrote:
(03-22-2024, 06:49 PM)DJ_Fox11 Wrote:

DJ~
Yeah, you're on your own for this one. We can't just show you where the key is, because that would be technically be endorsing piracy, which is, of course, illegal.
applecuckoo - ripper of sounds, sprites and models

Places to get help:
DYKG/VG Resource Discord - This is where most of the ripping experts on the VG Resource hang out these days, so you should probably start here. Any requests to rip stuff (i.e. "Please rip sounds/models/sprites from game X!") are only allowed here as per the rules.

ResHax forum - Another forum that is home to most of the reverse engineers who were on the old ZenHax and XenTax forums. A great place to get help for any mysterious files.

And remember, always upload example files. That way, people don't have to dig in and fetch them for you.
Thanked by: Disneycalicocat23
(03-23-2024, 01:58 AM)applecuckoo Wrote:
(03-22-2024, 07:53 PM)Disneycalicocat23 Wrote:
(03-22-2024, 06:49 PM)DJ_Fox11 Wrote: Princess Peach: Showtime! uses Unreal Engine, you'll want to use UE Viewer (uModel) to extract the game's contents. The .pak is encrypted and requires an AES key to extract the contents; you'll need to obtain the AES key on your own. Feel free to reply if you have other questions!

DJ~
Yeah, you're on your own for this one. We can't just show you where the key is, because that would be technically be endorsing piracy, which is, of course, illegal.
I see. Well I’ll do my best to extract game contents even if it requires AES keys.

(03-23-2024, 12:45 AM)LuigiWithEverything Wrote: go to {HYPERLINK BLOCKED} then search this: Princess Peach: Showtime (demo)

Uses UE 4.27

I think someone removed your link. Also the file I extracted is the Base game not the Demo.
Thanked by:
(03-23-2024, 06:04 AM)Disneycalicocat23 Wrote: I think someone removed your link. Also the file I extracted is the Base game not the Demo.

The link was removed because it contained an AES key, which is against the rules. Therefore, any link to piracy-related content is not allowed. The same AES key is used for both the demo and full release.

DJ~

Currently ripping from: Super Mario Odyssey, Super Mario RPG (Switch), Mario vs. Donkey Kong
Thanked by:
(03-23-2024, 12:45 AM)LuigiWithEverything Wrote: go to {HYPERLINK BLOCKED} then search this: Princess Peach: Showtime (demo)

Uses UE 4.27

Since your hyperlink is blocked. Can you give me the name of the website instead please.
Thanked by:
(03-23-2024, 06:15 AM)DJ_Fox11 Wrote:
(03-23-2024, 06:04 AM)Disneycalicocat23 Wrote: I think someone removed your link. Also the file I extracted is the Base game not the Demo.

The link was removed because it contained an AES key, which is against the rules. Therefore, any link to piracy-related content is not allowed. The same AES key is used for both the demo and full release.

DJ~
It's moreso the fact that the site in question had way more things hosted there that we don't allow than just the AES key(s), but yes, it's not something that can be posted here regardless (just like how the Switch's master keys are not allowed to be posted either).
Thanked by: applecuckoo, DJ_Fox11
(03-23-2024, 01:11 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote:
(03-23-2024, 06:15 AM)DJ_Fox11 Wrote:

DJ~
It's moreso the fact that the site in question had way more things hosted there that we don't allow than just the AES key(s), but yes, it's not something that can be posted here regardless (just like how the Switch's master keys are not allowed to be posted either).
Alright. Is there any chance you can create a ripping project for Princess peach Showtime like you did with Pokémon please?
Thanked by:
I wasn’t able to find ASE keys to Extract Princess Peach Showtime off of Umodel. There were errors that said “Hexadecimal ASE key contains odd number of Character” and “ASE key is too short”. Is there another way of extracting encrypted Pak files without ASE keys?
Thanked by:
(03-25-2024, 06:52 AM)Disneycalicocat23 Wrote: Is there another way of extracting encrypted Pak files without ASE keys?[/font][/size]

As far as I’m aware, there is no other way to extract an encrypted.pak file. Asking about problems with an AES key wouldn’t help you very much as we can’t just supply you with the AES key here, nor can we link to any websites containing them.

DJ~

Thanked by:
(03-25-2024, 03:27 PM)DJ_Fox11 Wrote:
(03-25-2024, 06:52 AM)Disneycalicocat23 Wrote: Is there another way of extracting encrypted Pak files without ASE keys?[/font][/size]

As far as I’m aware, there is no other way to extract an encrypted.pak file. Asking about problems with an AES key wouldn’t help you very much as we can’t just supply you with the AES key here, nor can we link to any websites containing them.

DJ~
Rats. If only someone made a Ripping project of Princess Peach Showtime.
Thanked by:
Just so you know, you're free to start your own in the Project Organisation section.
applecuckoo - ripper of sounds, sprites and models

Places to get help:
DYKG/VG Resource Discord - This is where most of the ripping experts on the VG Resource hang out these days, so you should probably start here. Any requests to rip stuff (i.e. "Please rip sounds/models/sprites from game X!") are only allowed here as per the rules.

ResHax forum - Another forum that is home to most of the reverse engineers who were on the old ZenHax and XenTax forums. A great place to get help for any mysterious files.

And remember, always upload example files. That way, people don't have to dig in and fetch them for you.
Thanked by:
I may not have the know-how to find ASE keys for encrypted Pak files but I have the tools you need to extract it from an Unreal Engine game. 

Here’s an example of an encrypted Pak file: PJ037-Switch.pak

Here’s what you’re going to need to extract it. 
UEViewer
Steamless
AES Key Finder
FModel
UE4 Mod Unlocker

Hope this helps. 
Thanked by: