Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Mario and Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move .bin format
I decided to look at the files of Minis on the Move, as to my knowledge it is the only game prior to the Mario vs DK Switch remake to feature 3D models of the Minis, and it has a variety of different Minis as opposed to just Mini-Marios too. I want to rip those models. But I quickly ran into a roadblock- all character models appear to be stored in a single .bin file.

I have no idea what might open this, Switch Toolbox sure doesn't (I know it can open files from some 3DS games so I tried it). BrawlBox doesn't either. When looking at the file in a hex editor, it appears to immediately start with an index of files with legible names starting with MINIMARIO, CUBE, BULLET_BILL, MANGO_COIN, etc. There is data next to each of these names but IDK what to do with it. After this index it's just unreadable data. I'm thinking someone who knows their way around hex would be able to use the data in the index to extract the files, but that sure isn't me. Is there any sort of tool that will extract this file that I'm unaware of?

Here is the file if anyone wants to look at it: https://drive.google.com/file/d/10Ufn8Yu...sp=sharing
[Image: OOovP5l.gif]
Thanked by: