Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Decrypting Argonavis Kimisute's audio
Question 
Hello, I've been trying to decrypt Kimisute's audio, the problem is there's no key.
The files are in awb/acb format, the voices are in hca while everything else is adx, encrypted with type 9 (that's what foobar2000 tells me)
I've tried looking at the CriwareInitializer, but even with the decompiled Il2cpp it just says:  

"useDecrypter": false,
  "DecrypterConfig": {
    "key": "",

when it supposedly should say "true" and give me the key.
I also found a "guessadx" program, that brute forces a key, but it says that the files don't seem to be encrypted. 
Am I looking in the wrong place? It's a new game, but I hope someone can give me a hand here.

Here is sample files and the dumped il2cpp: https://mega.nz/folder/1O100RZI#ahd7sdCBqG9eXIjhIxeMNA
Thanked by:
Hey! You might want to file an issue over at vgmstream, since that's the underlying program that's in charge of decoding audio in Foobar2000. Don't forget to attach a few sample files.
applecuckoo - ripper of sounds, sprites and models

Places to get help:
DYKG/VG Resource Discord - This is where most of the ripping experts on the VG Resource hang out these days, so you should probably start here. Any requests to rip stuff (i.e. "Please rip sounds/models/sprites from game X!") are only allowed here as per the rules.

ResHax forum - Another forum that is home to most of the reverse engineers who were on the old ZenHax and XenTax forums. A great place to get help for any mysterious files.

And remember, always upload example files. That way, people don't have to dig in and fetch them for you.
Thanked by:
(02-10-2024, 01:33 PM)applecuckoo Wrote: Hey! You might want to file an issue over at vgmstream, since that's the underlying program that's in charge of decoding audio in Foobar2000. Don't forget to attach a few sample files.

Thank you, I didn't think it would be useful asking there but I'll try anyway. I just wanted to ask more people as possible, as it is a new game and not a really known franchise overall.
Thanked by: applecuckoo
(02-10-2024, 02:12 PM)nanpajanaiyo Wrote:
(02-10-2024, 01:33 PM)applecuckoo Wrote: Hey! You might want to file an issue over at vgmstream, since that's the underlying program that's in charge of decoding audio in Foobar2000. Don't forget to attach a few sample files.

Thank you, I didn't think it would be useful asking there but I'll try anyway. I just wanted to ask more people as possible, as it is a new game and not a really known franchise overall.

Thanks! FYI, I successfully decoded the video stream since it's just a standard H.264/AVC file. I might need to put it up in a GitHub repo or something.

Places to get help:
DYKG/VG Resource Discord - This is where most of the ripping experts on the VG Resource hang out these days, so you should probably start here. Any requests to rip stuff (i.e. "Please rip sounds/models/sprites from game X!") are only allowed here as per the rules.

ResHax forum - Another forum that is home to most of the reverse engineers who were on the old ZenHax and XenTax forums. A great place to get help for any mysterious files.

And remember, always upload example files. That way, people don't have to dig in and fetch them for you.
Thanked by: nanpajanaiyo
Oh really??? That's good news at least, tysm! Please do!
Thanked by:
(02-10-2024, 03:20 PM)nanpajanaiyo Wrote: Oh really??? That's good news at least, tysm! Please do!

Yeah, uh, I wasn't clear enough about this. ffmpeg can perfectly copy the video stream out of the file, but I can't use it to demux the .hca audio stream. I can't use VGMToolbox either because it seems like it can only handle the older MPEG-2 Video format and not this newer AVC-based format. Basically, the video is mute. Anyways, I've put up the mute video on Google Drive.

Places to get help:

Thanked by: nanpajanaiyo
(02-10-2024, 05:41 PM)applecuckoo Wrote:
(02-10-2024, 03:20 PM)nanpajanaiyo Wrote: Oh really??? That's good news at least, tysm! Please do!

Yeah, uh, I wasn't clear enough about this. ffmpeg can perfectly copy the video stream out of the file, but I can't use it to demux the .hca audio stream. I can't use VGMToolbox either because it seems like it can only handle the older MPEG-2 Video format and not this newer AVC-based format. Basically, the video is mute. Anyways, I've put up the mute video on Google Drive.

Ah, I misunderstood, but thank you anyway. Ffmpeg does seem to decode the video fine, my main problem here is the audio files. I will wait to see if someone can help me.
Thanked by:
Update: both the adx and hca keys were added to vgmstream, but I'm still interested in knowing how to actually find them in this particular case.
Thanked by:
Solved! It seems that you can get the key using https://github.com/lico-n/ZygiskUnityCriwareKeylogger !! I saw a similar program for ios but i wasnt aware there was something for android too! Infinite thank you to the person that helped me!
Thanked by: applecuckoo