Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Help: MMC File?? [Isekai: Slow Life]
Question 
In an attempt to help rip game sprites, I downloaded a few APKs for random phone games I've played before, including one called Isekai: Slow Life. I managed to unzip the game smoothly enough, but I've run into an issue: A great majority of the files are in some file format called .mmc, and Google is providing absolutely no help whatsoever, instead bringing up a windows program that abbreviates to that. I did TRY that program, but it only opens .msc files. 

Some help in figuring out how to open these would be very much appreciated. I've tried unzipping them, renaming them INTO zips then unzipping them, and renaming them into the presumed associated file type, but none of that seems to work, and honestly the lack of information on this file type is driving me a bit bonkers.

I figured I'd have some luck at finding info here :]

(Also, for some odd reason, all of the mmc files are dated to 01/01/1981 at 01:01, something that makes no sense considering smart phones didn't exist then and the game only came out LAST YEAR)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanked by:
Can you send one over for me to look at?
Thanked by:
(01-17-2024, 11:28 PM)Samevi Wrote: Can you send one over for me to look at?

Sure can do! Sorry for the late reply, been busy the past few days lol

I had to zip the file bc I couldn't attach it by itself unfortunately

Attached Files
.zip   For VG Resource.zip (Size: 830.57 KB / Downloads: 36)
Thanked by:
It's a normal Unity file with some random junk at the beginning of the file.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=15695]

Delete that junk, but then if you try and load it in Asset Studio, you'll find that the Unity Version has been stripped.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=15696]

You can specify the Unity version in the Asset Studio settings, input the specific version if you can find it, or experiment to find a version that works.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=15697]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=15698]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hey, I'm Jasper! I am an avid model ripper, I also like Splatoon and Vocaloid.

Currently ripping from: N/A
Thanked by:
Thank you so much!!!
Thanked by: Jasper7438
(01-22-2024, 11:25 PM)Jasper7438 Wrote: It's a normal Unity file with some random junk at the beginning of the file.

Hi, maybe you know about their config files and how to open them? They don't have UnityFS at 00000020 in the hex editor and Asset Studio just doesn't do anything.

Thanked by: