Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Question: non-standard files
Information 
When uploading files to models resource, I wanted to know what the best practice is when it comes to files that don't fit exactly in the standard dae/fbx/obj formatting?

For example, months back I uploaded some files from Majora's Mask 3D for pending review, the rips from the game came with .glb model and .glsl shader files. Would it be better to include such files alongside the standard .dae format, or is it generally considered not necessary?

Trying to get a better idea so future pending uploads are as easy as possible for review/approval.
Thanked by:
The required format(s) are .DAE and / or .OBJ One of those formats must be provided.

Additional formats such as .FBX and .SMD can be included.

Proprietary formats such as .BLEND, or .MAX are not allowed unless the model is custom / edited.

https://wiki.vg-resource.com/What_Makes_...al_Formats
Hey, I'm Jasper! I am an avid model ripper, I also like Splatoon and Vocaloid.

Currently ripping from: N/A
Thanked by:
In this specific scenario, files in question are .GLB model and .GLSL shaders. My understanding of the format, and quick searching up to confirm, suggests these formats are not proprietary, however if they are felt to be redundant when providing the appropriate .DAE formatted models anyway, I have no issue leaving them out.

https://wiki.vg-resource.com/What_Makes_...al_Formats Wrote:The main allowed formats are .FBX and .SMD, though some others may be allowed as well
This line specifically from the provided wiki link is what leaves me still questioning this.
Thanked by:
File formats with embedded textures are not allowed, so as long as it is a standardized format (non-specific to a specific model program) and doesn't have textures included in the model file (because that would be redundant and take up more space for no reason) it should be okay to include.
Hey, I'm Jasper! I am an avid model ripper, I also like Splatoon and Vocaloid.

Currently ripping from: N/A
Thanked by: