Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Warner Bros. Discovery buying Paramount Global
Shocked 
Hi, I have got very bad news for all of you. On December 19, 2023, David Zaslav had a talk with Bob Bakish on a potential merger of Warner Bros. Discovery with Paramount Global, which means this is immanent. We must do something about it or 5 major studios are reduced to 4.
Thanked by:
As much as this sucks there isn't much that can be done about this.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by:
(01-05-2024, 06:59 PM)DioShiba Wrote: As much as this sucks there isn't much that can be done about this.

But there might be, David Zaslav should be fired so we can have a new CEO.
Thanked by:
(01-06-2024, 12:52 PM)MarioSonicfan98 Wrote:
(01-05-2024, 06:59 PM)DioShiba Wrote: As much as this sucks there isn't much that can be done about this.

So what are you going to do in order to accomplish that?

Moreover, how do you really expect him being let go is going to keep corporate interests as a whole, not necessarily just Warner Bros. Discovery, change how the big businesses go about acquiring other companies in the way that they are now?

You're another one of us average citizens who happen to use the internet. And lets be honest most petitions fall flat if you don't have a clear reason to why you want a specific CEO to be removed and it could fail and make you look foolish if you aren't specific about why you think it's a bad thing. Especially if you never really worked with the guy yourself.

And I'm not just talking about the removal of your favorite cartoons. I mean LEGITIMATE REASONS that could convince the shareholders to let Zaslov go. As in nothing completely asinine or slanderous.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by:
(01-07-2024, 06:53 PM)DioShiba Wrote:
(01-06-2024, 12:52 PM)MarioSonicfan98 Wrote:

So what are you going to do in order to accomplish that?

Moreover, how do you really expect him being let go is going to keep corporate interests as a whole, not necessarily just Warner Bros. Discovery, change how the big businesses go about acquiring other companies in the way that they are now?

You're another one of us average citizens who happen to use the internet. And lets be honest most petitions fall flat if you don't have a clear reason to why you want a specific CEO to be removed and it could fail and make you look foolish if you aren't specific about why you think it's a bad thing. Especially if you never really worked with the guy yourself.

And I'm not just talking about the removal of your favorite cartoons. I mean LEGITIMATE REASONS that could convince the shareholders to let Zaslov go. As in nothing completely asinine or slanderous.
https://www.change.org/p/fire-david-zasl...-a-new-ceo
I know this petition is falling flat, but he needs to be fired or 5 major studios will become 4! (I don't want Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon under one roof)
Thanked by:
Honestly my dude, you need to accept this is out of your control.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by:
(01-08-2024, 05:31 AM)DioShiba Wrote: Honestly my dude, you need to accept this is out of your control.

I can't, I don't want to lose Paramount, and I don't want Sony to be the only major studio left in West Hollywood.
Thanked by:
Well then good luck to you. But ultimately you’re gonna have to recognize sooner or later that this is more an industry and a corporate problem.

Try as you might I’m not taking bets that you’ll be able to solve it through a mere petition since from the sounds of it, you haven’t worked with these companies before. And that said I have nothing more to add at this time.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by:
They never pay attention to changeorg petitions, so sadly it's not going to do anything.
Thanked by: DioShiba
(01-12-2024, 08:59 AM)Cerdiablo Wrote: They never pay attention to changeorg petitions, so sadly it's not going to do anything.
Sad Not fair
Thanked by: