Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Coral Island
i went through and exported most of the npcs from coral island using umodel and uploaded them to mega (link)

i didn't edit any of the files, so the models are still in .psk format, but they can still be opened in blender using a plugin (it DOES NOT work in blender 4.0, you will need to use an earlier version of blender). i assume that other 3d programs probably have ways to open .psk files.
i DID however open some of the models in blender, and while they are rigged, their faces are not, and they have no shape keys that would animate their faces. they can move their eyes, but that's it.

i haven't actually gotten very far into the game yet, so i have no idea if any of the characters or their various outfits count as spoilers (except their wedding outfits, those are probably spoilers), so there are NO spoiler warnings.

the structure of the files is somewhat strange and inconsistent: for some of characters, their default model and textures will be located in "Game > ProjectCoral > Characters > Human > NPC > (character's name)". for characters with different outfits, their default model will be located in in that same path, BUT their textures will be in an additional folder named "Optimized". the character's seasonal + wedding outfits will be located in their own folders inside the "Optimized" folder.
Thanked by:
i've been playing around with the models in blender a bit, and there are two things to note about the textures. first, the normal maps will look strange unless you open them in an image editor, such as photoshop, and invert the green channel. second, for the MRO files, the different color channels do different things:
  • red = metal
  • green = roughness
  • blue = ambient occlusion

while i could go and fix every normal map manually, it'd be very time consuming and there doesn't seem to be very much interest in these models. i'll still keep the link up for anyone who might want them, but just be warned that you will have to fix the normal maps.
Thanked by: