Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Icon/banner from Wii VC WADS
Hello. I'm trying to extract graphics from Wii Virtual Console WADs (in the same vein as my projects for the 3DS and Wii U Virtual Consoles). I use ShowMiiWADs to extract the files and unpack the first .app file, bu when I try to use u8extr, I get:
Code:
Run-time error '6':

Overflow

I have found no workarounds for this. This is what happens whether I use ShowMiiWADs to unpack the .app or u8extr itself. I have read that it may be because it's a VC WAD, but I tried a WiiWare WAD and got the same result. I know I can use Dolphin to run the Wii menu and dump textures from it, but I want to be sure that I only rip sprites from the Virtual Console title itself, and not include any system menu elements.

Edit: Okay, I found out I can use CustomizeMii to rip icon and banner graphics, so this is technically solved, though I still haven’t figured out how to rip the banner sound (CustomizeMii doesn’t seem to support ripping the existing sound, only converting new sounds and replacing the original).
Thanked by:
After unpacking 00000000.app with Unpack as U8 archive, do you end up with a "meta" folder like this?

banner.bin
icon.bin
sound.bin
Thanked by: