Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Nintendo Wii .dat [In need of QuickBMS Script]
Hi,
I've search around web, tried at least 10 converters from Github none of them worked.
This file contains textures and text files, I managed to dump textures with the emulator but I'm still in the need of text files for translations and repacking as well.
Any idea of existing scripts if not a bored techie pretty please write one?
Thanks
https://mega.nz/file/Nts1QYIJ#ka6o9U_abY...lwKDfew2RA
Thanked by:
What game is this? That would help narrow down what specific flavor of .dat is being used, since it is a generic extension.
applecuckoo - ripper of sounds, sprites and models

Places to get help:
DYKG/VG Resource Discord - This is where most of the ripping experts on the VG Resource hang out these days, so you should probably start here. Any requests to rip stuff (i.e. "Please rip sounds/models/sprites from game X!") are only allowed here as per the rules.

ResHax forum - Another forum that is home to most of the reverse engineers who were on the old ZenHax and XenTax forums. A great place to get help for any mysterious files.

And remember, always upload example files. That way, people don't have to dig in and fetch them for you.
Thanked by:
(01-03-2024, 02:32 AM)applecuckoo Wrote: What game is this? That would help narrow down what specific flavor of .dat is being used, since it is a generic extension.

Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2, Bandai Namco/Spike
Thanked by: applecuckoo
(01-03-2024, 02:32 AM)applecuckoo Wrote: What game is this? That would help narrow down what specific flavor of .dat is being used, since it is a generic extension.

but what I've found in the PS2 version, this same file is in .afs format. So probably it's the .dat is a Bandai Namco/Spike AFS structure.
Thanked by: