Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
What happened to Mario animations!?
Neutral 
Like, wtf? I was searching for Mario on Youtube and clicked on the live stream filters in the hopes of find some live stream of Mario Kart, Mario Maker, 64 and things like that, but instead, what I got was just disturbing! A bunch of clickbaity trash "for kids" with a bunch of fetish stuff with Nintendo characters in it. Like, excuse me, what even is that!?

I remember when most Mario animations were cool, like Super Mario Bros Z, Mario Castle Calamity, Rise of Mushroom Kingdom, etc. But it seems like ever since 2017 most Mario animations have been going so... downhill? I first noticed this when the content started to be more oriented towards kids, with weird topics like some weird mazes shaped like Nintendo characters that Mario had to survive. There was this channel called Level Up that did this sort of stuff, and I even used to watch him around 2017 when I was a kid. I have absolutely no problem with this kind of content, it's weird but it's acceptable. What I'm not okay with is this fetishistic stuff that keeps ruining Nintendo characters and being passed as children content. The worst part about it is that neither Nintendo nor Youtube seem to be doing nothing about it.

What I find weird is that most of this content seems to follow the same "style", with 8-bit SMB1 art styles. It seems to always follow the art style created by Level Up. But don't get me wrong, his content seems fine to me, from what I've seen. I have no problem with him. I do not think he is involved in this.

Does somebody else relate to this post? If you feel like it, just search for Mario on Youtube and click on the live filter. But remember to do so at your own risk. It's way more disturbing than you could imagine! Trust me, I'm not just an angry adult mad at a content aimed at kids, this literally breaks the Youtube TOS and is not suitable for children. There are many underappreciated talented sprite animators out there, some which even make Mario animations too, who deserve way more attention than this kind of content!
Just a random dude. I really love programming in C! Hopefully I can publish a game someday! Sometimes I like to rip Super Nintendo games too!
Thanked by:
Don't waste your time with negative things, you can also find Spiderman, Elsa, Peppa Pig and whatnot garbage on YT. That's not really big news.

Concentrate on positive things instead, subscribe to quality channels, give a thumbs up if you like something and you will have lots of good recommendations in your Youtube dashboard/main frame/start page or whatever Google calls it.
Ripping Tutorial for PC Engine / TurboGrafx 16 / TurboGrafx CD
https://www.vg-resource.com/thread-41637.html
Thanked by: DogToon64, Alefy San