Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[HELP NEEDED] Super Mario RPG Broken/Swizzled Textures
Hello, so I got my copy of mario rpg and dumped it. I see it's just asset studio, models are fairly easy to export, animations too. Textures however, just like fashion dreamer and detective pikachu, seems to be swizzled...i tried using other forks of asset studio and UABE too, both just give errors or same broken result. How do i get these textures out?
Thanked by:
You'll need to use UABEA to rip the textures.

To extract them, you'll need to open the file and have the tool decompress it to the memory. Next, select "Info" to view the file's contents. Then, find the textures you're wanting to extract, highlight one of them, select "Plugins" then "Export texture".

Hope this helps!
If you can't handle the heat.
You can't handle the Neutron Style.
Thanked by:
(11-18-2023, 02:14 PM)DogToon64 Wrote: You'll need to use UABEA to rip the textures.

To extract them, you'll need to open the file and have the tool decompress it to the memory. Next, select "Info" to view the file's contents. Then, find the textures you're wanting to extract, highlight one of them, select "Plugins" then "Export texture".

Hope this helps!

Hello! As I said in the main post, I tried UABE, i did select plugins as well (both single and batch export). I did download the latest release. I also tried the switch fix that was made for the yu-gi-oh switch game, and it still doesn't work...no clue

EDIT: I tried to build the release myself and worked, thank you so much!!
Thanked by:
(11-18-2023, 02:14 PM)DogToon64 Wrote: You'll need to use UABEA to rip the textures.

Hope this helps!
When I do this I get this error

[Image: F-ru-GKXIAAXS-x.png]

(the file it is claiming doesn't exist DOES exist and is in the same folder even, IDK what it's going on about)
[Image: OOovP5l.gif]
Thanked by:
Which file are you trying to open? I'll take a look at it when I have time.
Thanked by:
I was trying to open Geno's model. I've already extracted everything except the textures using AssetStudio.
Thanked by:
like i said build the latest build yourself, that fixed it for me
Thanked by:
(11-19-2023, 03:05 AM)Fawfulthegreat64 Wrote: I was trying to open Geno's model. I've already extracted everything except the textures using AssetStudio.

I'm able to extract them. How are you exporting the textures? You may be something wrong.
Thanked by:
Huh, I'm not sure what I did wrong the first time but I tried again and it worked. Maybe I had decompressed it to a file instead of memory?
Thanked by:
Dogtoon, THANK YOU THANK YOU! I was so confused on how to use that program, but that worked for detective pikachu!
Thanked by: