Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Extracting first Assassin's Creed voice files
Question 
Hi, I am trying to extract voice files from the first Assassin's Creed. I have searched and read on internet, and tried many methods to get it. With all of them it has been impossible, except with one, using "Decode Ubisoft Sounds/music" (or DecUbiSndGui) version 0.81. What is the problem then? Well, from the following image, corresponding to the main AC directory and its .FORGE files, only those marked in green can be decrypted without errors. From the yellow ones I can only extract incomplete sounds., 1-2 seconds of each one, cutting abruptly. And the red ones cannot be opened at all.

The method I follow for this is:

1.-Open QuickBMS and use "assassin_creed_raw.bms" algorithm to extract some .FORGE file.
2.-Open DecUbiSndGui and check files from step 1, to see if they contain .OGG files associated to the main voices of the game.

To provide more information these are the other methods/programs I have tried:

-QuickBMS with "scimitar_forge.bms" + "scimitar_forge_compressed_bao.bms", then bao_sorter.py.
-Maki 1.2, created by Turfster
-Dragon UnPACKer 5.7.0
-Ubisoft Forge Tool & DATA Tool by Delutto
-Open any BAO obtained in the previous processes with foobar2000 1.6.10 + vgmstream component.

Two questions arise from all these attempts: do the files marked in red/yellow use different compression than the green ones? Could it be that the methods I have failed with (even though I have read that they were effective) only work with a specific version of the game, different from the MULTI5 languages (en-fr-de-it-es) that I have?

Is there something I've missed, or what I could try to extract these files?

P.S: I have seen that user Pingus! was successful in this but he is currently inactive  Sad
Thanked by:
Hi, have you found a solution?
Thanked by:
(11-24-2023, 12:49 PM)anakinator Wrote: Hi, have you found a solution?

Hi, nothing for now. I have tried to do it with PS3 version of this game and neither, I found the same problem Sad
Thanked by:
Hello again, I bring good news regarding this matter. I tried again with PS3 version since here the game voices files are located in dataps3_streamedsounds***.forge (being *** eng, fre, ger, ita and spa), unlike PC version which are spread over the larger .forge files. To do this, I went back to using QuickBMS with "scimitar_forge.bms" + "scimitar_forge_compressed_bao.bms", opening only the language .forge file I was interested in extracting. When I got all the BAO's for that language I proceeded to use DecUbiSndGui-0.81, scanning them all. The problem here is that they are not at the frequency set in DecUbiSndGui (48KHz), playing in an accelerated way, chipmunk tone so the simplest solution is to extract them all in .wav, without changing anything, and then in some audio editing program like Adobe Audition adjust the pitch and speed as follows (you can save this effect to run it in batches, to make the process infinitely faster):

TL;DR if you want to extract the main voices in a different language than original (English) use PS3 version, with PC version I have only managed to extract them in English and, comparing the audio quality, they sound the same to me.

I want to write all this because if there is something that frustrates me more than not finding the solution is to read someone who has achieved it and does not explain how he did it. For future visitors of the forum, and coming from search engines this is the way to get it Smile

Happy Holidays to all Cool & Frosty!
Thanked by: