Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Old stuff are old
Did you know Capcom keeps using most of their Darkstalker's sprites since 1994?
I got some old custom stuff too. Those are, guess what, really old. From 2003 I believe. The newest one is from 2006. I guess tSR is going to take a while to upload the custom sprites, so I'm going to take my time to reform/redo those. And I want suggestions/opinions. Most of them are untouched since 2004.
All those I did in RPGMaker style, so yeah. They look like SNes rpg stuff.
I'm still looking for some old backup, there still many other sets

The FF7, MMZ and WCIII were already submitted, but maybe some review won't hurt. Or even more characters.
With the FF4, Tomberry started to give some pointers when I first submitted it.
From this list, the ones I think are ready to submit (besides the already submitted) are the Symphony of the Night and Shadow Hearts.

I'm going to make a system to check the ones ready to go or not
Face Off -> Not reviewed
Sick -> To be fixed/edited
Smile -> Work in progress
Big Grin -> Almost ready/minor tweak
Cool -> Ready to go
Cute -> To be expanded
>Sad -> Rejected

Castlevania
Face Off Aria of Sorrow (Soma, Mina, Yoko, Arikado, Julius, Graham, Hammer)
Face Off Symphony of the Night (Alucard, Dracula, Ritcher, Succubus, Maria, Death, Lisa)
Face Off Monsters (Axe Armor, Zombie, Harpy, Venus Weed, Griffin, Manticore)

Final Fantasy
Face Off Final Fantasy IV
Face Off Final Fantasy VII
Face Off Final Fantasy VIII
Face Off Final Fantasy X
Face Off Final Fantasy X-2

Other games
Face Off Legacy of Kain
Face Off Megaman Zero
Face Off Melty Blood
Face Off Resident Evil
Face Off Shadow Hearts
Face Off Sonic
Face Off Warcraft III

Anime
Face Off Hellsing
Face Off Inuyasha

(10-27-2008, 03:01 AM)Tonberry2k Wrote: Kain- His wings look a bit flat on his back sprites. Also, his body looks odd from the side.
Cecil (Paladin)- Too wide. His hair on the back view goes up instead of flowing down his back.
Cecil (DK)- Again, too wide. Especially the shoulder pad-things.
Rosa- Looks very manly in the front. Maybe use something closer to her official face? She also looks angry.
Rydia (Kid)- The hair on the side poses goes about a pixel too far forward, I think.
Rydia (Adult)- Hair looks lopsided on the front and side poses.
Edge- Hair on the side sprites especially looks like it's slicked back rather than spiked up.
Yang- looks scrawny.
Battle poses- They look like minor edits/recolors. :/

Are these FF6 style? Cause you may want to shrink their dimensions if so. Try using Edgar's armor design as an example for both Cecils. Loving the rips.
(10-27-2008, 01:28 PM)Ultimecia Wrote: I did those to RPG maker. Those sprites have some years now, old stuff XD In RPG maker there's a guy in armor, I used it as a base for both Cecils and Kain.

Kain- I only had his SNes sprites as base, do that's why the wings are kinda flat. And if you animate them, his side looks ok.
Cecil (Paladin)- I'm going to redo the hair. About being wide is because of his base, as mentioned
Cecil (DK)- Once again, the base
Rosa- Angry? LoL Maybe it's the tiara?
Rydia (Kid)- I've tested the animation itself, it isn't really an issue when you do.
Rydia (Adult)- Lopside?
Edge- Again, I blame the original sprites XD But this one is easily fixed.
Yang- Yeah, Yang is the worst of the bunch, but again he don't had a very different design back on the SNes time.

The battle poses I redid them to look like the RPGMaker style. But I also aimed to look like the original (thinking about it, I would have done it way faster if I just recolored it LoL). If you look with attention, the face is shorter than the original, the hands are hardly bigger than 2x2.. Small stuff, basically XD

So, what you guys think?
[Image: MegaEXESig.png]
Thanked by: