Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Pandora's Spirit (Touhou x Disgaea x etc. free adventure/platformer fangame)
[Image: 06vefAe.jpg]

Download & play for free here: https://datesofgelerium.itch.io/pandoras-spirit

Inspired by all the time I've spent clicking around The Spriters Resource, this is a free fangame I've been whittling away at on-and-off in my personal spare time for the past 5+ years, a sort of crossover between Touhou, Disgaea, BlazBlue, and a whole bunch of other things, though the story is completely original with zero references or connection to the stories of the games I took the sprites from, and all the characters are treated as if they were original ("Patch" is technically a separate character from Patchouli Knowledge for instance) so you do not need to be familiar with any of the source material at all to get into it. Programmed entirely in Game Maker 8.0, only works on Windows computers. More information on the itch.io page.

You play as a mute amnesiac girl nicknamed "Pandora" (played by Utsuho Reiuji) who lost all her power and memories after being struck by lightning in a great storm. Shortly after regaining consciousness, she meets the Amitava sisters (played by Seraphina, Artina, and Sage), who were even more badly injured in the same storm, so they agree to help each other, as Pandora finds them Power Gems to get back on their feet and they can direct her to Sentinels of Ability to get her own powers back, over the course of a big Metroidvania/collect-a-thon platforming adventure across the whole continent they all live on. Though that's only the first half of the story, there's an entire equally big second adventure after that one's done which might include some ghost kidnappings, also a number of other optional side ventures and achievement missions as well!

Admittedly if you're looking for a super-intense challenge this probably ain't it, it's pretty straightforward and simplistic for what it is and I primarily designed it to be more on the chill side. Though there is an absolute ton to do, and getting to 100% completion certainly isn't going to be that easy... (completing the game myself typically takes me 3 days)

Contains quite a bit of swearing (mostly from one character in particular), and a few flashing images in some cutscenes.

I really don't have any expectations of this game getting any kind of wider attention, I'm not really sure how or where to advertise a project like this. But hey, I had fun making it and thought it was worth putting out in the world, and I figured the one site to which this game physically never could've happened without would be a good place to post it, so I hope anyone who might come across it by chance ends up enjoying it Smile

Oh yeah, and if you'd rather watch a walkthrough of the game over playing it (or just need help if you ever get stuck), I posted my own full 100% playthrough to YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...Ek8ADW2QK6

[Image: uUaSTKF.png][Image: fK6iLfQ.png][Image: Yr3hHi9.png]
[Image: GR4USKX.png][Image: RmXB0LL.png][Image: ig2Y3L4.png]
[Image: lumcNZi.png][Image: DQsfRBX.png][Image: n4g4ekL.png]
Thanked by:
Update for anyone interested.

I've just uploaded a new version of the game which should fix a pretty major issue present on the game before. There was a glitch that could softlock the game in some rare poorly-timed instances when Pandora's death animation should've played, sometimes she would disappear altogether, sometimes the controls would stop working, it looked like the game crashed to some even though it technically hadn't. In any case I think I've figured out what the issue was and fixed it up for this new version.

I also added a few new minor tweaks to simplify certain parts of the game that may have been more obtuse or difficult than I intended, most notably streamlining the initial tutorial segment so you don't have to replay entire segments if you die and Divya now providing hints on how to get started looking for Bright Prisms in the second adventure, among a few other things. Nothing major but it'll hopefully make the experience a bit more intuitive.

Assuming this won't apply to most people who decided to click on this thread, but if you did already find this game through here, decided to download it before and still have a save file, you should just be able to replace the .exe file with the new version and you'll be able to continue normally.
Thanked by: