Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
DioShiba's Pixel Art Thread MK-II: R.E.B.I.R.T.H.
Continuing off where I last made a thread about what I've been up to....

So this is a sort of revival of my own thread that I started a few years back, I figured it was time to make a new one as opposed to bumping that thread from oblivion.

I've been making a ton of pixel art since then but I feel to start with I'm going to showcase some of my more recent stuff as opposed to showing anything new directly.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=15221][Image: attachment.php?aid=15222]
[Image: attachment.php?aid=15223][Image: attachment.php?aid=15224]
[Image: attachment.php?aid=15226][Image: attachment.php?aid=15227][Image: attachment.php?aid=15228]
[Image: attachment.php?aid=15225]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by:
I love this one (the light house), great atmosphere!

[Image: attachment.php?aid=15224]
Hey, I'm Jasper! I am an avid model ripper, I also like Splatoon and Vocaloid.

Currently ripping from: N/A
Thanked by: DioShiba
(10-03-2023, 01:55 PM)Jasper7438 Wrote: I love this one (the light house), great atmosphere!

[Image: attachment.php?aid=15224]

This one is directly based on Winter Island in Salem, Mass.

There was something about the location I had to draw so when I got my photo references I ended up depicting it as a night scene since I thought that it would create a different vibe from what it did during the day. Although... I had to omit some details.

I am glad that you appreciate the piece.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by:
Oh hey, I was just in Salem the other day.
Cool stuff! You've improved a bunch! Great job!
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by: DioShiba
(10-04-2023, 12:39 PM)Ton Wrote: Oh hey, I was just in Salem the other day.
Cool stuff! You've improved a bunch! Great job!

I lived there for about a year until I wasn't able to continue to afford the cost of living there. Was a pretty interesting year but if I'm being honest Salem in October is like walking around in NYC and the Big-E Convention over in Western Mass at the same time and it got tough to walk around.

It's nicer any other time of the year. But in any case thanks! I've been keeping at it for the past year since over the last two years.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by: Ton
Some more content that I never bothered to post the last time around.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=15312][Image: attachment.php?aid=15313]
[Image: attachment.php?aid=15310]
[Image: attachment.php?aid=15311]
[Image: attachment.php?aid=15309]

EDIT: Re-organized some of the images. Will be uploading some more recent stuff soon.

Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by: MatreroG
Another Castlevania Redrawn Collab piece I just finished and a quick 1-bit Max piece on the Max Headroom Incident that is intended for another collab on Newgrounds.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=15321]
[Image: attachment.php?aid=15322][Image: attachment.php?aid=15323][Image: attachment.php?aid=15325][Image: attachment.php?aid=15324]

Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by:
[Image: attachment.php?aid=15362]

Real head + Body stylized after low-poly is deliberate. Based on one of Oney's instagram posts. Credit to Spikey-Valentine for cloud model. WIP Gif in attachments.

Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by:
[Image: attachment.php?aid=15599]
[Image: attachment.php?aid=15600]

Been busy as of late

Some other stuff I'm holding off on posting but... Will be posting more soon.

Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by:
Alright so I've been thinkin' a little bit and since I'm a bit of an old school TSR member, I want to be able to allow for people to give feedback and offer comments and criticism. I've always found that to be an effective way to build a community and that's where I feel like we could collectively do better on.

That said I'm going to start posting more of my WIP stuff.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=15627]

So for the record I am a bit of an NHL fan. The commissioner is not a well liked figure if you're familiar with the sport politics that happen in the sport. So I'm in the process of making a wee bit of protest art and remind everyone of something he said one time.

Never doubt the power of internet memes that said.

Any case I've been exploring how I can approach tracing from photographs and putting some twists on them. This kind of experimentation actually came about from feedback I got on one of the first pieces I posted in the thread (Hint: Its the mario man)

That said. I'm aware that if tracing is done wrong or rips on other people's work, it's frowned upon. Yet... for some odd reason we've all decided that there isn't anything wrong with it so long as you're willing to make it your own somehow. (Something I picked up on in an illustration class, but forgot about after awhile.)

I suppose that, because we're talking about trying to make it original some how, in what ways can I continue to further differentiate the image form the photograph becomes the question.

Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by:
A slight shift of gears:
[Image: attachment.php?aid=15631]

WIP obviously but hoping to get it done tomorrow.

Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by: Ton
[Image: attachment.php?aid=15638]

Continued progress on the Eds

Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by:
[Image: attachment.php?aid=15648]

Got around to finishing this bad boy.

Discord is Dioshiba#9513