Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Knuckles (Sonic 1 Style) + (I'm back!)
Smile 
Man, it's been AGES since I stepped foot on the VGResource forums (or logged into the account for the record), but anyway. Hi! You might recognize me as the guy who made the "SMM Style" sheets of "Tails and Knuckles", and although not my proudest work, I have been cooking up something for quite a while since then, and I would like to share with you all (and before I even think about uploading the sprite sheet to the main website). Smile

These are my takes on what Knuckles could have looked like in Sonic 1 (Genesis), I have to say, I think I nailed the "Cartoon/STT" vibe on it (although, most of the inspiration came from an old magazine screenshot of Knucks originally being in S1). Tongue

[Image: K1TSR.png?ex=65151edb&is=6513cd5b&hm=120...472c697fd&]

But what do you guys think about these? I'll happily receive any feedback or suggestions for improving them if necessary. Wink
See y'all next post!
"Juas juas", That's my catchphrase!  Big Grin
Thanked by:
(09-27-2023, 01:48 AM)SteveSanz342 Wrote: Man, it's been AGES since I stepped foot on the VGResource forums (or logged into the account for the record), but anyway. Hi! You might recognize me as the guy who made the "SMM Style" sheets of "Tails and Knuckles", and although not my proudest work, I have been cooking up something for quite a while since then, and I would like to share with you all (and before I even think about uploading the sprite sheet to the main website). Smile

These are my takes on what Knuckles could have looked like in Sonic 1 (Genesis), I have to say, I think I nailed the "Cartoon/STT" vibe on it (although, most of the inspiration came from an old magazine screenshot of Knucks originally being in S1). Tongue

[Image: K1TSR.png?ex=65151edb&is=6513cd5b&hm=120...472c697fd&]

But what do you guys think about these? I'll happily receive any feedback or suggestions for improving them if necessary. Wink
See y'all next post!

Quick update: I might as well include a small GIF of his waiting animation I made for fun (not final version).
[Image: Knucks.gif?ex=6516039a&is=6514b21a&hm=97...7cb64d9dd&]
What do you think about this one? Until next post.
Thanked by:
I think his left shoe looks a little small (or maybe it's the angle?), but other than that, it looks nice so far!
Thanked by:
(09-27-2023, 09:30 PM)QuadFactor Wrote: I think his left shoe looks a little small (or maybe it's the angle?), but other than that, it looks nice so far!

Thanks! And yeah, it's sorta a perspective issue (maybe caused by reducing the shoes size to fit the ones Sonic has in S1, may fix later)

Btw, I have finished his jumping sprites + smooth them out a bit in animation (don't ask me why the eyes are closed tho)

(Small trivia: Did you know that in S3/K both NPC and playable Knuckles, unlike Sonic, doesn't have any lightning alterations when doing his jumping sprites?)

Next up, moving/running sprites!
Thanked by: