Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
assetripper + webkinz next?
posting here after unsuccessfully trying to find answers elsewhere, but possibly not searching the right terms. i am new to this. 

i've become very interested in ripping png icon files from webkinz next. i deduced it was a unity game, looked into asset ripping, tried assetstudio to no avail, then found assetripper. took a bit of trouble trying to find the correct file locations because i have webkinz next as a microsoft app store program, and they seem to store things a bit differently. here's what i know, which may or may not be useful... 

- some generic installation stuff can be found in the windows c: > program files > windowsapps > ganzstudios file
- i found what i was actually looking for, as well as tons of other things, in the windows c: > users > [username] > appdata > local > packages > ganzstudios file

so far these are the only locations of interest i'm aware of.
like i said, i had success with what i was looking for mainly by using the second/"packages" location. here's an example of that: 
[Image: image.png?width=1440&height=492]

luckily, (almost) all the relevant images i want are png format with "icon" in the title, so i usually just search the export for "icon type:png" and grab everything that comes up. 

so what's my issue?
this isn't everything the game has to offer. it's limited to what my specific account has experience, aka cached. several items and pet icons are missing. it's not the end of the world if i can't get these, but i'm really curious if there's a way to possibly grab things i don't have. what are your ideas? my basic understanding is that perhaps a lot of these files are "server side", and don't show up in my cache until i've "requested" them in-game... but how could i go about making these "requests" in-game, for a certain item to be loaded or shown, without it being seen as cheating or manipulation (which i'm not interested in)? 
or, perhaps i have everything i need already, there is no "server side" to worry about, and i just need to generate these icons myself somehow? there's tons of texture maps and etc i pulled, but i had no interest in the actual 3d models. just these pngs of them. but is there a way i could manually generate the icons, however the game does it itself? 

i should note this game is also available on mobile devices as well as mac i believe, i'm clearly working from a windows pc standpoint, but if the other platforms could give me something new then i'd be interested. i'm under the assumption they'd have the same issue of only showing me what's been locally cached though.
Thanked by: