Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Billy's Textures
I can't believe I never decided to make a textures page until now.

Here's a good sample of games I've ripped

Some games I have in the queue that aren't up yet.
This will basically where I'll show off some textures I rip, and give comments about them

First one I of these I want to show is Lightning McQueen from the first Cars video game, on Wii and Xbox 360.
I remember someone asking if the Wii and GameCube versions were the same, but it turns out they're not. Wii has higher polygons and different UV mapping and textures

Here's the textures from the GameCube and Wii side by side

Also note that the Wii texture shown here is 512x512, that's only for when you select characters.
In gameplay it's 1024x1024. The tires also use bigger textures, going from 256x256 to 512x512.

Now for the Xbox 360...
It was actually really easy to get these as they're already .dds within the files.
Within Lightning's folder, there's this weird texture

It doesn't match with the other bodies he uses, it may be from early when making this port. As it came out a few months after most other versions.
Also, in game there's these weird textues labelled "_gloss"

Looking at them left me confused but I wonder if they're channel packed. I submitted these with the color channels split but I'm welcome to hear what you guys say.
Damn, not here!
Thanked by: DogToon64
Getting into some of the 3D Mortal Kombat games, here' the titular Deadly Alliance from... Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance. Shang Tsung and Quan Chi.

A lot of these textures for the recolors look the same but there may be subtle pixel differences.
These are only the textures for their main costume, I'm including alternate costumes, bloody faces, and weapons on the full sheets.

Jumping from Deadly Alliance to Armageddon, here's Johnny Cage from the Motor Kombat minigame.

I love Mario Kart games, and seeing a twist on it with Mortal Kombat gave me a laugh.
Only thing I don't understand is these green textures. Every character I've seen has them. If I had to guess it may be a specular map, but then again the bloody faces don't even use textures like that, instead choosing to use the alpha channel as specular

This is one of Noob's damaged faces, I submitted this with the color and alpha channels split. I just find it a weird case that they did this for the bloody faces specifically when nearly everything else doesn't
Damn, not here!
Thanked by:
I've got all characters textures from Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance textures!

For just a small sample here's Scorpion, Mavado, and Raiden
These are the textures from the Gamecube version, which look much more compressed than the other versions. Though there are methods of extracting those from the PS2 version.

I also included their weapons and the slash effects, but no extra effects they may have like the fire that appears on Scorpion's skull on his alternate costume, or Mavado's hooks. The blood effects are already up on Spriter's resource and I may put effects such as those there as well.

Next is Mortal Kombat Gold for Dreamcast, I sent everybody from that game and I'll just show off the Gold exclusives.
Mileena, Baraka, Kung Lao, Kitana, Cyrax, and Sektor
This is such a strange case to me because the recolors all have different texture mapping. I don't understand why you'd do that and separate uv mapping on meshes when it would be much easier to actually recolor the texture. Mortal Kombat 4 on PC and N64 do this to a degree as well.

Also in my pending I have every remaining character in Mortal Kombat Armageddon, so stay tuned for them! Also be ready for more Mortal Kombat 4 on N64 textures, I have plans for them
Damn, not here!
Thanked by:
Another day, another batch of Cars.
Here's Gudmund, Emma and Koji's main body textures from from Mater-National Championship (PC)

I had gotten all the playable characters from the Wii version already but I wanted to take a look at one of the original releases. Turns out the Wii and PS3 versions added a few extra paint jobs to many characters.
And looking at these textures made me find they're exactly the same as on the Xbox 360 release.

I'm getting to the models and I find that some of these texture's aren't even used in-game.
Here's a placeholder texture for Gudmund found in his folder

I don't know if I should send some of these when I submit their models since they're not used in-game but are in their files.
I also went ahead to submit a few of these textures from the PS3 version since it was easy converting those as well, and many of these are different from the PC release but also somehow similar to the Wii version.
Damn, not here!
Thanked by:
Mortal Kombat 1 is here, and I thought I'd give you a preview of some of the characters textures from Deadly Alliance!

We got Kung Lao, Kano, and Johnny Cage.
The one I had trouble with here was weirdly Kung Lao, until I figured out he uses the same weapon model as Quan Chi (the Broadsword). At the bottom of Kano are some weird red textures, I'm thinking they're used for his robotic eye but I can't know for sure. He's not the only case with textures like this anyway. The weapon trails are even reused with each other, I've found that out with characters such as Sub-Zero.

I have all the characters from this this game pending and I'm excited for them all.

PS: Yes, I'm mad there's no Kabal in MK1...
Damn, not here!
Thanked by:
And here comes another version of Cars Mater-National Championship
This time it's the PS2 version. This game was on everything, PC, PS2, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii.

And I've ripped from all of them (except Xbox 360 but they're all the same as PC)

Console concerns aside, I got the textures for Lightning, Mater, Ramone, and Fillmore.

This version was tricky as the emulator dumped the textures with weird alpha maps. One half of it being the actual in game alpha map and the other half all black. Thankfully I was able to fix that up with Texture Remix.
Looking at these, the alpha channel could be the specular map. I've done so much from this game, and I don't even want to think about it anymore.

After this I'll probably get more into the textures from the first Cars game (which also had so many versions. how fun.)
Damn, not here!
Thanked by:
Getting into Tomodachi Life's Photo Studio backgrounds
This is the Simple Clouds background (also my own screenshot)

From left to right on the screenshot: Randy Marsh, Peter Griffin, Homer Simpson.

I'll get back to providing some of these backgrounds later down the line, with some more of my own goofy screenshots
Damn, not here!
Thanked by: