Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder Direct
A new Nintendo Direct revealing more info about Super Mario Bros. Wonder was live today:

What do you guys think? I'm currently hyped right now.
If you can't handle the heat.
You can't handle the Neutron Style.
Thanked by: Alefy San
It features Daisy, there's no way I wouldn't be hyped for this!
After all these years of NSMB it's awesome to have some new kind of 2D Mario. I really like the visuals too, plus the 3D-World-like map select.

This is a little unrelated, but some people(including me) think that Nintendo will release a new console around 2024/2025, so I really wonder(pun not intended) if they will do some kind of "Super Mario Bros Wonder Deluxe" kind of stuff for their next console, or if it they would rather make a sequel.
Just a random dude. I really love programming in C! Hopefully I can publish a game someday! Sometimes I like to rip Super Nintendo games too!
Thanked by:
(08-31-2023, 09:30 AM)DogToon64 Wrote: What do you guys think? I'm currently hyped right now.

Just watched the Direct as I missed it :p. The game looks amazing, really love the inclusion of Daisy as well as the entire feel of the game. I feel that Nintendo is shifty away from the typical Mario into something for the better.
Yo, I'm DJ_Fox11! A passionate model ripper that's also a DJing fox!

Currently ripping from: Super Mario Odyssey, Super Mario RPG (Switch), Mario vs. Donkey Kong
I think it would be cool if Nintendo did some kind of Paper Mario reference. It would fit this game well.
Just a random dude. I really love programming in C! Hopefully I can publish a game someday! Sometimes I like to rip Super Nintendo games too!
Thanked by:
(08-31-2023, 10:05 AM)Alefy San Wrote: After all these years of NSMB it's awesome to have some new kind of 2D Mario. I really like the visuals too, plus the 3D-World-like map select.

I do to. While I personally don't mind the New Super Mario Bros. games, it's still nice to see Nintendo making something that feels fresh and new.

(08-31-2023, 10:05 AM)Alefy San Wrote: This is a little unrelated, but some people(including me) think that Nintendo will release a new console around 2024/2025

Considering the Switch has been out for more than six years at this point, I wouldn't be too surprised if Nintendo was working on their next console. Heck, they might even reveal it in within the next few years.

(09-01-2023, 01:41 AM)DJ_Fox11 Wrote: The game looks amazing, really love the inclusion of Daisy as well as the entire feel of the game. I feel that Nintendo is shifty away from the typical Mario into something for the better.

Same here. I'm glad that Princess Daisy will finally be playable in another mainline Mario game.
If you can't handle the heat.
You can't handle the Neutron Style.
Not gonna' lie here, they had me at "playable Daisy".

Heh, but in all seriousness this game's lookin' good. The stylings, the new power-ups, the... well, everything really... I don't think there's much I can say about it that hasn't been said by others already.

...Also pretty sure this might be the first game I can say I pre-ordered the old-fashioned way. As in, a few days after it was revealed.
[Image: gsopcsignaturesf4.png]
Sprite ripper, artist, and STILL a Puffy AmiYumi fan to this very day.
----------------------------
*All sprites in the signature and in the avatar are copyrighted by their respective owners.*
To be honest, I don't mind the New Super Mario Bros games too, but it's always nice to play something new(yet another non intended pun).

I really hope they introduce new level themes too. Like, something other than just grass, desert, snow...
Thanked by: DogToon64, DJ_Fox11