Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
One Piece Everyday Sprite Ripping
Hey! I've been researching hard for the best way to do this but I just can't get it going.

So there's an app called "One Piece Everyday", only released in Japan but you can find the .apk file online. It's not a game, but a personal life app that you use to schedule things, it has a pedometer, etc. All that stuff. But it also includes a calendar, and when you view any day it shows the birthday for any character from the manga One Piece. It also includes a very high-quality render of the character. Like this!

[Image: image0.jpg]
If you're a One Piece fan, this may be the first time you've ever seen adult Saldeath's shoes. You're welcome.

What I've been trying to do for the past couple days is figure out a way to rip these images straight from the app itself. I've been in a huge search to find these renders for over a year, and this app is definitely the best quality that exist. Other high-quality images exist for some characters, but not all. And I've had to do some Photoshopping myself to collect them for a project of mine. But if I can collect these images from the app, it would save countless hours of finding and editing.

Problem is, I'm not sure how to rip them at all, besides just screenshotting and Photoshopping them out (which is what I'm trying to avoid). I've seen a method where you can look into the root files for the app, after loading the images into the recent cache, and extract them from there, but to do so would require me rooting my own phone which could erase everything from it, and I don't have a disposable phone to do it with. I've tried using Bluestacks emulator, where I can launch the app fine, but for some reason none of the in-app buttons respond to my clicking or "tapping". They'll darken like they detect my "finger", but then just don't function. It's frustrating. I'm so close to being able to do this.

If anybody has any advice on this, please let me know. I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask about this; I'm kind of asking anywhere I can. Thank you!!!
Thanked by: