Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Captain Rainbow (Wii) Ripping Issues
Hello everyone,

Right now I'm attempting to rip the island map from Wii title Captain Rainbow. I'm pretty new to ripping, but I've been able to get as far as exporting the model to DAE for further tweaking in Blender.

I've hit a snag, though, and I'd like to ask anyone who may be more knowledgeable for some tips.

My problems:

1. BRRES Viewer crashes when I try to do anything with the model I'm trying to work with. It can open the map BRRES just fine, but when it comes to viewing or exporting anything from it, it freezes and quits with an error. I am, however, able to view/export the model in BrawlBox, so it isn't the end of the world, but it'd be nice to have more options, because:

2. When I export to DAE from brawlbox, then import to Blender, the UVs seem to be completely messed up in many places: see pictures for details.

I'm not sure why this is happening. It's either because Blender isn't importing the DAE correctly, or because BrawlBox isn't exporting it correctly. I'm not sure which, because I only have Blender and BrawlBox to work with.

Note that BrawlBox can show the model completely correctly - all the textures align perfectly 1-to-1 with the game.

[Image: 4ff7820d95a72668ff24f2efd097dcee9563a906.pnj]

All materials seem to be pointing to their correct textures - it's just the UVs that are horribly misaligned. Some of them are fine, but many are not.

[Image: a331de4f9fd6a8e56e0e587afd8df02ac7b6d364.pnj]
[Image: def23284afe8c527d9d0f1ea4c041c621431dcbf.pnj]
[Image: f07bae62d7f1676477d07a82f1a5338672ba9a02.pnj]

I'm wondering why this happened - and how I can fix it. Anyone have any tips? Is there another, more robust tool I can use, aside from BrawlBox or BRRES Viewer? Is there another way to realign the UVs without having to resort to tons of manual, painstaking labour?

Thanks!
Thanked by:
I know Blender's .DAE importer is quite broken. So, is it possible to export the models as an .OBJ from BrawlBox? Though any sort of armature the model may have will be lost, ideally, for a map, this isn't needed.

If that doesn't work, you could try another Wii ripping program called WiiRipper. I hope this may help!

DJ~
Yo, I'm DJ_Fox11! A passionate model ripper that's also a DJing fox!

Currently ripping from: Super Mario Odyssey, Super Mario RPG (Switch), Mario vs. Donkey Kong
Thanked by: