Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
need help opening/viewing models in SMG2
3D Modelling 
I've downloaded all the files from my Super Mario Galaxy 2 ISO, but since all the models are in .arc format and not .brres format I'm not sure how to view them with the guide pinned on this board. is there a specific program used for this?

In fact, is there a decent guide on extracting models from Wii games that use the .arc format for their object files? I have heard of BrawlCrate/BrawlBox but I'm not sure how to use it to view models.

any help would be appreciated!
I like downloading models and messing around with them on Blender. that's pretty much all I do here hehehe
Thanked by:
If you download Switch Toolbox, you should be able to view or open the models there by double-clicking the respective .ARC file. I wouldn't use it for exporting models; the results are somewhat janky. I hope this helps!

DJ~
Yo, I'm DJ_Fox11! A passionate model ripper that's also a DJing fox!

Currently ripping from: Super Mario Odyssey, Super Mario RPG (Switch), Mario vs. Donkey Kong
Thanked by: xSuperMario64x
(05-05-2023, 01:31 AM)DJ_Fox11 Wrote: If you download Switch Toolbox, you should be able to view or open the models there by double-clicking the respective .ARC file. I wouldn't use it for exporting models; the results are somewhat janky. I hope this helps!

DJ~

I messed around with it a little bit and I think I got it working! so thank you for sharing that Smile

I would still like to know what program I could use to potentially export models, I haven't done anything like that before but I want to try exporting models from SMG2 to be uploaded on TMR!
(and ig if I end up not being able to do that I can still export the models for my own personal use~)
I like downloading models and messing around with them on Blender. that's pretty much all I do here hehehe
Thanked by:
(05-10-2023, 12:01 PM)xSuperMario64x Wrote:
(05-05-2023, 01:31 AM)DJ_Fox11 Wrote: If you download Switch Toolbox, you should be able to view or open the models there by double-clicking the respective .ARC file. I wouldn't use it for exporting models; the results are somewhat janky. I hope this helps!

DJ~

I messed around with it a little bit and I think I got it working! so thank you for sharing that Smile

I would still like to know what program I could use to potentially export models, I haven't done anything like that before but I want to try exporting models from SMG2 to be uploaded on TMR!
(and ig if I end up not being able to do that I can still export the models for my own personal use~)

I've been doing some digging and have come across a program that should help with the exporting proccess. You can find it here. I hope this also helps!

DJ~
Yo, I'm DJ_Fox11! A passionate model ripper that's also a DJing fox!

Currently ripping from: Super Mario Odyssey, Super Mario RPG (Switch), Mario vs. Donkey Kong
Thanked by: